Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Lemme put it in this perspective. We are all going to Ruth Chris for dinner. You get a big juicy filet. I get to eat spam and I have to eat it out back in the kitchen so it doesn't offend you folks eating steak. But we both paid the same amount of money for dinner.

For the most part I just really want a playable game to launch. But If I must be treated like a second class citizen I would appreciate tribes to stop rubbing our noses in spam and telling us to shut up and eat it. Thats all.
    Wait...wat? Did I get there before you therefore there was no steak left for you? Assuming so, had I showed up late, it would have been you eating the steak and me eating the spam.

this guy had some good thoughts a few weeks ago but now i swear all hes doing is trolling. he is worse then the pandemic ppl at least they seem to have calmed down by now

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    Reporting them would be a good start.
    First, we don't even know if it's a reportable offense to fence in a homesteader yet.

To Xidian: Humans are nasty horrid little creatures. If you want to bring in reality, lets talk reality. In a situation like this, slavery would immediately arise (by whatever name it would be called). Brutality, genocide, theft, simple homicide, all of those would immediately deplete the population even further.

Hey, I was a history major, I understand how things really work. And now I'd like to play a game. What are games? Well, just like books and movies, they are means of escaping ugly reality.

If you want realistic, don't play games.

Lemme put it in this perspective. We are all going to Ruth Chris for dinner. You get a big juicy filet. I get to eat spam and I have to eat it out back in the kitchen so it doesn't offend you folks eating steak. But we both paid the same amount of money for dinner.

For the most part I just really want a playable game to launch. But If I must be treated like a second class citizen I would appreciate tribes to stop rubbing our noses in spam and telling us to shut up and eat it. Thats all.
    I love analogies, so I'll play along. Yay!

Here is my take on the steakhouse. We both go to Ruth Chris, but I'm with a birthday party of 20 people. You're flying solo, taking up a 4 top that means the restaurant now has 3 empty seats. All 21 of us order the same steak. Now, the waiter realizes he's getting a bigger tip from the 20 top, so guess what...we are probably gonna get our drinks refilled a little faster & our plates brought out a little quicker. However, you'll get your steak too. And it'll probably be just as delicious as mine. We all get tasty vittles, but you are just gonna have to accept the reality of the situation that your $10 tip is not quite as important to the waiter as the $200 tip my party is gonna drop.

Ok, you can now proceed to tell me what an ass I am & how I should stop posting on the forums today because you GET IT. Let the games begin!!! HEY OHHH!!! <Anchorman reference ftw>

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Well that would work for me, especially since it does now require 10 and not 5 to make an actual tribe that can surround a homestead (I'd forgotten about the change making 5-9 clans and not tribes, that should help with some totem placement day exploiting I know people are planning). But I still think it would be far better to not allow a mechanic that could lead to that kind of griefing in the first place and instead scatter junk in isolated locations (code permitting) so we homesteaders and you tribes never have to call in a guide over issues like fencing in the first place.
    While I agree with you that the current mechanic is not a good one at the same time I know that not implementing something like that would lead to another type of griefing. And agree again, adding more small junk piles all over the map would ease up everything.

6. 03-05-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Grass_Ninja View Post
    this guy had some good thoughts a few weeks ago but now i swear all hes doing is trolling. he is worse then the pandemic ppl at least they seem to have calmed down by now
    I take offense to that, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust
    First, we don't even know if it's a reportable offense to fence in a homesteader yet.
    I retract my suggestion then.

I'm going to go watch a movie with my husband who also has an account and eat some spam. Because from the looks of things I better learn to like it.

Good day to you Sirs........ I said good day!

I'm going to go watch a movie with my husband who also has an account and eat some spam. Because from the looks of things I better learn to like it.

Good day to you Sirs........ I said good day!
    That, or spam eating homesteaders are going to have to learn to stalk and murder tribe members whereever we can, whenever we can on one account, while keeping a second account for our crafters to be safe in.

Tribes aren't the only sneaky bastards who can exploit allowed game mechanics.

And I detest spam, so I guess I'm coming to steal your steak, bishes.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post

To Xidian: Humans are nasty horrid little creatures. If you want to bring in reality, lets talk reality. In a situation like this, slavery would immediately arise (by whatever name it would be called). Brutality, genocide, theft, simple homicide, all of those would immediately deplete the population even further.

Hey, I was a history major, I understand how things really work. And now I'd like to play a game. What are games? Well, just like books and movies, they are means of escaping ugly reality.

If you want realistic, don't play games.
    I think that the reason most of us would like reality (to a point) is some of the benefits that come it it IE: politics. And all those things you mentioned to Xidian is the reason we have our societies the way they are now. Unfortunately these influences can not be reproduced in a game or at least the emotion from it.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    I think that the reason most of us would like reality (to a point) is some of the benefits that come it it IE: politics. And all those things you mentioned to Xidian is the reason we have our societies the way they are now. Unfortunately these influences can not be reproduced in a game or at least the emotion from it.
    Of course not, no real death penalty means packs of mongrel bullies never need really fear a stealthy knife in the back. Politics in games are over simplified to the point of meaninglessness.