Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Climbing

Climbing

So, since there hasn't been much to do around the forum lately I thought I'd try and kick off a good ole community discussion on climbing being a skill/feature

So what do you all think about it? How would it be implemented and what not and how could it be used? And also if it should be in Xsyon.
    Brum, brum.

Re: Climbing

Like trees and mountains? I'd like it.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Xsyon Citizen

How about a falling skill to go with it? :P I seem to fall off the sides of mountains in these games a lot.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

Hopefully when you fall your body goes ragdoll and with every contact your body makes with the mountainside there is a chilling CRACK associated with it, till finally you hit the bottom *SQUISH* and you watch as all the blood slowly leaves your body.

Then you re-spawn at totem

I like climbing as a skill. If swimming is, would make sense that climbing would be a skill. don't like the idea of a falling skill though. how can falling be a skill? if you fall from a far high enough distance you should be injured/dead no matter what, not saved by a magical falling skill.

Chuteboxe39 wrote:
    I like climbing as a skill. If swimming is, would make sense that climbing would be a skill. don't like the idea of a falling skill though. how can falling be a skill? if you fall from a far high enough distance you should be injured/dead no matter what, not saved by a magical falling skill.
    I suspect that you didn't sense the sarcasm in that Hawkwood's post.

indeed sir only read that part of his response.

Re:Climbing

Xsyon already said that climbing could be easily implemented.

it could be useful for lots of things, secret ambushes for tribes/highwaymen.
    to get a higher point to view/scout the land
    escape from an enemy...ect

find stuff up where you climb like birds nest ha, hidden caves...ect

you could climb trees, rock walls, battlements
    Quote Originally Posted by Luculus View Post
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
    Give a man a fishing pole....and he can kill bears with it.

I definately like the idea of being able to like climb up a tree and set an ambush from the tree tops. Also caves you have to climb to or some sort of resource in the tops of the trees would be cool.

Tree house villages. Good defense till the enemy foresters come in.