Their crafting, the whole building thing and resource gathering remembers me very much of some parts/systems of Ultima Online. Something we have not seen in a while.

The whole idea of players able to change the world, gather everything you can see, also hints me back to Minecraft, which has been a fiber lately. Xsyon looks, for me, like a scaled up Minecraft, which is also good.

So, yes. I think it is good we see something like that showing up again. Might wake up some developers.

But i do also agree with a few others here. I think their pricing is wrong. They are pricing their game, like if it was an AAA title, which is not. I would be testing if they adjusted their pricing. Get it to 30€ + 9,99€ monthly or free download + 9,99€ and a lot of people might reconsider it.
I read this post on MMORPG.com and personally this is also how I feel about the game. I don't really want to pay 15$/mo for this game yet but I would be willing to pay a lower per/mo price or something just to give it a go. So I guess my question is will there be any chance that the pricing will be re-considered?