Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    "You sound like some annoying teenager girl."

Please stop mucking up my thread with your trolling.
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't find a better way to describe my feelings regarding your post.

get your spot, kill eveyrone that comes near it until you can place your totem.

i foresee 24 hrs of nekkid slaughtering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdemi View Post
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't find a better way to describe my feelings regarding your post.
    LOL, sure sure.

This isn't a therapy session. Nobody really care about your feelings on the matter.

You may disagree that this issue is a problem, but please stop letting your emotions get the better of you.

Now, as I said, please stop mucking up my thread. It is intended for rational discourse, not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    get your spot, kill eveyrone that comes near it until you can place your totem.

i foresee 24 hrs of nekkid slaughtering.
    This could go one of two ways, though...and neither is what you're expecting.

1) Combat is disabled for the first two days, like Jordi said it would be for the Peace server. Since the combined server appears to have the Peace rule set, this is a likely outcome.

2) If combat is turned on, people who die & still want the land will just rez where they want the totem to be & log off. Once the server comes back up the next day, they'll still have just as much chance of getting the spot as the people who stayed up all night fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    So you think it's a good idea for 10 clans to all stand right on the Hopi (or Apache or whoever, doesn't matter) spot & give themselves a 10 to 1 chance on stealing that land without even a fight? Interesting...
    I't no ones spot until the totem is placed. The community voted...

Gota Agree here whit Baka77, People will stay logged in, just running around to chat, some folks will go to known Tribe locations and will try to put a homestead down just to deny any tribe from placing a totem. there will be tribes who will use this grief tactic to their adv. there a lot of anti-hopi anti-care tribes whit more then enough members to form a 10+ tribe AND tell members to drop homesteads just for Lolz onto the known tribe spot.

That said, Nobody, not a Solo,not a "clan" not a "tribe" as any rights to any spot when then launch starts. no mater how long you bin on one spot in beta , history will be wiped clean and does not mater at all. First come, first served.

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't"

No matter HOW the land rush is done, there will always be losers.

If you make it so that a tribe has to defend their totem claim spot, the small groups and solo'ers will complain that it unfairly benefits large guilds.

The planned "login rush" will probably result in some large tribes being griefed by single homesteaders trying to "stick it to the big guys, just because they can", so it will be unfair to the large guilds.

Perhaps we should just have a postal lottery...

Whatever happens, I just want it to happen soon and get it over with !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kroom View Post
    I't no ones spot until the totem is placed. The community voted...
    Ah, but when people voted, they expected there to be a land rush where they could fight for their spot & defend it from potential usurpers. If you lost the spot, at least you had a fighting chance at it. Now it's luck of the draw, at best.

really think that the he who gets there firsteth with the mosteth and planteth is a better idea.

have a feeling this is going to be a mess.

Sorry for butting in - i just came back from a few months away from Xsyon.

Is the totem placement instant?

If so - why not change it so it takes some time to place, such as 1 minute or something? In that time if you are attacked the timer resets or you have to re-enable the totem?

Once again i havnt read much about the new tribe system so sorry if this has already been answered.