Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoclix View Post
    Sorry for butting in - i just came back from a few months away from Xsyon.

Is the totem placement instant?

If so - why not change it so it takes some time to place, such as 1 minute or something? In that time if you are attacked the timer resets or you have to re-enable the totem?

Once again i havnt read much about the new tribe system so sorry if this has already been answered.
    It's instant and combat will be disabled for 2 days after head-start.

I'd really like to see something like a 2 minute planting timer put on the totem, during which time the tribal leader can't move and needs to be defended by his guild. That would need to go hand in hand with something like a 2.5 minute long respawn timer (just for the day one land rush) so that people don't ghost in and pop to stab the leader in the back as soon as they become visible.

Then just allow the normal day one land rush on a first come first served basis. All they need to do to make that fair is announce a date and a reasonable time. Something like7 or 8 PM Est so that east and west coast players all have a chance to be home from work and participate.

I'm not sure what solution OP is offering.

Is there a better way?

Or are we just pointing out the negative of every scenario?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post

Is there a better way?

He's not offering a solution, he's just CRYING.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Ah, but when people voted, they expected there to be a land rush where they could fight for their spot & defend it from potential usurpers. If you lost the spot, at least you had a fighting chance at it. Now it's luck of the draw, at best.
    You do have a vaild point but no matter how this is done someone will be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoclix View Post
    Sorry for butting in - i just came back from a few months away from Xsyon.

Is the totem placement instant?

If so - why not change it so it takes some time to place, such as 1 minute or something? In that time if you are attacked the timer resets or you have to re-enable the totem?

Once again i havnt read much about the new tribe system so sorry if this has already been answered.
    It is instant now, but I really like this suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post

Is there a better way?

I personally think the original scheme was good, with the chaotic land rush & fighting along the way.

However, I also really like xenoclix idea of having a 1 minute + action timer to place the totem.

I have edited the OP to add solutions proposed in this thread & will update periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    I'd really like to see something like a 2 minute planting timer put on the totem, during which time the tribal leader can't move and needs to be defended by his guild. That would need to go hand in hand with something like a 2.5 minute long respawn timer (just for the day one land rush) so that people don't ghost in and pop to stab the leader in the back as soon as they become visible.

Then just allow the normal day one land rush on a first come first served basis. All they need to do to make that fair is announce a date and a reasonable time. Something like7 or 8 PM Est so that east and west coast players all have a chance to be home from work and participate.
    Dont be selfish 8pm est = 2am europe. theres a huge portion of the player base from europe. the only day ait be a fair day would be a weekend day between 11am-1pm est not much later due to unforseen server delays and crashes

It all comes down to who can get on the fastest when actual totems can be placed - no matter when you have the actual placement take place or how you implement this someone will probably lose a spot they wanted. Heck the internet could go down for some reason in part of the world, someone will lose a spot. Your tribal leader could get distracted by naked pizza delivery man/woman just at the wrong moment, someone will lose a spot. Stuff happens - let's not worry about it anymore and just do it and START PLAYING FOR REAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    Dont be selfish 8pm est = 2am europe. theres a huge portion of the player base from europe. the only day ait be a fair day would be a weekend day between 11am-1pm est not much later due to unforseen server delays and crashes
    It is for this reason that I don't expect re-pre-launch to happen until the evening of the 18th (early AM in Europe).

That said, I still like Soul's idea.