Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I'm not so worried about launch or later gameplay, people from different timezones won't log in at the same time. I'm worried about Sat and few days after when everyone will be terraforming(at the same time).

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    If I were some tribes... I'd focus on building up skills and things so that they can get ready for the move once the mist opens. Everyone's all clambering about "spots", but if I were a leader, I'd be just as interested in the future land. In other words I'd say the current land is just a stepping stone for individual players and this game alike.
    I completely agree with this. According to the devs, more land could be coming as early as April. That's next month. What we have now is only the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    I'm not so worried about launch or later gameplay, people from different timezones won't log in at the same time. I'm worried about Sat and few days after when everyone will be terraforming(at the same time).
    I believe I read that teraforming might be disabled if there are big lag problems during high traffic times. I think this is acceptable until they can find better ways to fix this in their code.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    I believe I read that teraforming might be disabled if there are big lag problems during high traffic times. I think this is acceptable until they can find better ways to fix this in their code.
    I know but how can it be acceptable? It's the one thing that makes this game different. It's his selling point. The game would die almost instantly if there were not terraforming.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I know but how can it be acceptable? It's the one thing that makes this game different. It's his selling point. The game would die almost instantly if there were not terraforming.
    lol
    I agree with Big on this one. I'm pissed about the schedule for wipe/launch, but I'll get over it. My biggest concern is what's going to happen on Saturday when EVERYONE begins building/terraforming. If terraforming has to be turned off to make the game playable...it's NOT playable. I'll be out of country this next week, but I'll keep an eye on things. If it goes the way of disabled features and crash/lag fest, I'll probably just wait 6 months and see what progress has been made.

As others have said , i really don't find disabling terraforming as acceptable . It is the largest selling point of the game and the main reason that i purchased ( i also play Wurm online ) . If the game is not playable with the current features and population , then they should really look at 2 servers rather than " limiting " the game by turning off major features .

well if its turned on by the 15th then they lived up to the promise.. till then you're in beta.. stop your goddam whining....

Quote Originally Posted by galagah View Post
    As others have said , i really don't find disabling terraforming as acceptable . It is the largest selling point of the game and the main reason that i purchased ( i also play Wurm online ) . If the game is not playable with the current features and population , then they should really look at 2 servers rather than " limiting " the game by turning off major features .
    Well, that's your decision to make. I am personally willing to help them weather launch weekend if need be. I'm here for the long haul and I'm not going to die if I can't terraform during peak times this weekend. I'm sure they will try to avoid this, but if they have to do something to keep the server online, I'm ok with that. What would the alternative be? Server down? Great plan there.

Well, that's your decision to make. I am personally willing to help them weather launch weekend if need be. I'm here for the long haul and I'm not going to die if I can't terraform during peak times this weekend. I'm sure they will try to avoid this, but if they have to do something to keep the server online, I'm ok with that. What would the alternative be? Server down? Great plan there.
    Wurm online... =)

Sorry, don't mean to troll but I couldn't help myself.