Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Open and honest devs?

I often see openness touted as a good thing for an MMO and at first this certainly seemed the way here.

However we've found that not only are people getting a lot of information through the FAQ system, which isn't shared with the rest of the community unless the asker decides to post it, but also that a tribe leader gets a personal update on the game. Not only that, but that he's then specifically told not to tell people the contents of the message.

I have to say I have a lot of issues with this system - not only is it taking dev's time away from getting on with what they need to do, but the concern is that those who are bothering the devs are acquiring knowledge above other people. Am I the only one worried by this?

Re:Open and honest devs?

Lily wrote:
    I often see openness touted as a good thing for an MMO and at first this certainly seemed the way here.

However we've found that not only are people getting a lot of information through the FAQ system, which isn't shared with the rest of the community unless the asker decides to post it, but also that a tribe leader gets a personal update on the game. Not only that, but that he's then specifically told not to tell people the contents of the message.

I have to say I have a lot of issues with this system - not only is it taking dev's time away from getting on with what they need to do, but the concern is that those who are bothering the devs are acquiring knowledge above other people. Am I the only one worried by this?
    It keeps them from putting there foot in their mouths.
    Council Of Mullahs
    ????? ??? ??? ???? ???????

prokop15 wrote:
    No Lily, I'm with you. So is any other person who recognizes what kind of impact a 'personal' and private information sharing relationship between the lead developer and a tribe leader will have on the possible game.
    remember the part in bold

You're not the only one. I already spoke my mind in the other threads about this.

It's a broken/inefficient system that seems to favor some over others.

Either you share the information with everyone or close it down.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Lily wrote:
    a tribe leader gets a personal update on the game.
    wtf?! :blink:

Defnitly , Defnitly not cool

Kuroi wrote:
    Lily wrote:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forums/7-public...&start=10#8819

Kuroi wrote:
    Lily wrote:
    Same thought.

What happened exactly? (Don't feel like searching trough all these crapthreads :P)

Well lily linked it, but ill just quote it since people can be arsed to click a link.

"Ok i got a mammoth reply from Jordi himself!

It bascially puts my mind at rest as to whats going on around here , I know i've been 'spearheading' some of the discussion , And jordi understands where we are all coming from!

He says there have been set backs , And alot of them if not all are working around the clock to get things done for us, Yes this is a change of heart from me, And no i can not post what he has sent me

One its personal
    two He has asked me not to post it

But all i can say is my mind is at rest with whats going on , And i can only say from what i've read its all in good hands. Hypocritcal i know , But i cant post what i have been sent

Hope this helps some what"

-r0ss0,
    Hopi tribe leader

Xsyon Citizen

Since conspiracies seem to be the order of the day and speculation is all over the place I suppose it begs the question; How do we know the message to r0ss0 is even legit? Is there a possibility he's making it up as a way to shore up faith in the game for his own tribe members?

Just throwing that in there as devil's advocate.

I'm not sure what makes r0ss0 so special unless he just got lucky that Jordi replied to his message in that manner. I definitely call shenanigans on the favoritism, but before we all get pissed off about it, do we know that its even real?