Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This game is brutal!

I like it. I'm just having a really hard time getting going.

Take #1: Explore a little. Start some logging, get ganked and looted.
    Take #2: Leave the starting zone. Get ganked and looted.
    Take #3: Reroll, different starting zone. Get ganked and looted.
    Take #4: Reroll, different starting zone. Get ganked and looted.
    Take #5: Reroll, different starting zone. Running along in what looks like a quiet direction, it's dark, and I fall down a small cliff... into a hole that somebody has dug with water in the bottom. Can't get out, guess I'm starting over again!

At least the population will stay small - nobody else I game with would be patient enough to put up with this.

Take #6 starting soon!

try darkfall

you will love it

People just kill everyone now because the consequences aren't in place yet, and they are bored waiting for launch. It will be different when the game goes live. Later on good/neutral tribes will be able to set up their camp as a starting point so new players will meet a more friendly experience.

If you fall into a hole use /unstuck command.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    People just kill everyone now because the consequences aren't in place yet, and they are bored waiting for launch. It will be different when the game goes live. Later on good/neutral tribes will be able to set up their camp as a starting point so new players will meet a more friendly experience.

If you fall into a hole use /unstuck command.
    Yeah, I don't understand the tribe starting zone idea, can anyone start there as a spot? If not and only tribe members, how do you join a tribe without having a character? >_<

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    try darkfall

you will love it
    I did. Terrible waste of money. Never even saw any PvP, just the game in itself was buggy and felt nearly unplayable. I couldn't imagine those clunky mechanics being fun in PvP since it was already tedious in PvE.

Being clunky in this game won't bother me as much, since it's not billed as OMG HARDCORE PEE VEE PEE (which has its place) and will hopefully not turn into a gankfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand the tribe starting zone idea, can anyone start there as a spot? If not and only tribe members, how do you join a tribe without having a character? >_<
    It doesn't work now. Jordi said that the plan is to allow tribes to set up spawning points in their area so freshly created characters could spawn there. They don't have to be tribe members of course. Perhaps these spawn points will be listed at the character creation screen just like the ones we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    It doesn't work now. Jordi said that the plan is to allow tribes to set up spawning points in their area so freshly created characters could spawn there. They don't have to be tribe members of course. Perhaps these spawn points will be listed at the character creation screen just like the ones we have now.
    Hmm, that could mean there would be like 500 starting locations. If they do that I hope they have a better selection screen for it.

seriously how can someone die this much when you can set up your own safezone homestead area ?

Quote Originally Posted by tnok85 View Post
    I did. Terrible waste of money. Never even saw any PvP, just the game in itself was buggy and felt nearly unplayable. I couldn't imagine those clunky mechanics being fun in PvP since it was already tedious in PvE.

Not to go too far offthread, but Darkfall is actually an outstanding PvP game. Yes, the control scheme is ackward, but once you get used to it... it really outshines any other MMO for PvP on the market, by an incredibly large margin.

It seriously lacks as far as sandbox tools go, and is ultimately all about PvP combat...which is why I like Xsyon. But for pure PvP , Darkfall is not a "terrible waste of money" in any way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Draemos View Post
    It seriously lacks as far as sandbox tools go, and is ultimately all about PvP combat...which is why I like Xsyon. But for pure PvP , Darkfall is not a "terrible waste of money" in any way, shape, or form.
    Except no one plays anymore.