Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by canavm2 View Post
    Im sure im no tthe first person to think of this:

what stops someone from creating a character, giving his buddy the starting tools and then making another character with differnet tools?

... This doesnt seem too disturbing, but the thought of people on release day just makig and deleting characters to get tools seems unintended.
    Yes, it is an exploit. Yes, it has been used. Yes, it will be used after release. No, there's nothing you can do against it without impact to legit players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Someone experimented with rapidly making and deleting characters and they found that if you do so, every character you make will start with fewer recipes. So there does appear to be a penalty for utilizing this technique.
    I have also tried this experiment and I am not sure it is such a rumor as another poster suggests, when I built the starting points map... the final character started with 4 recipes. The recipes did go down after about a couple rapid re-rolls, so I am thinking this penalty is in place just for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I had complete confidence in Jordi until 3 days ago. When he announced 2 servers. Then back to 1 all in 24 hours. That was brutal. I have never in my 15 years of gaming seen anyone do something that crazy. You talk about a train wreck driven into a community. And doing something like that few days before a possible launch? Consumer confidence after something like that? Someone changing their minds that drastically overnight??

I was here 2 weeks prior to the first launch attempt. Dropped 40 bucks and the game ran georgous up to that point. I loved it, started a passion for it, promoted it. Now it runs like complete shit. What do you expect my attitude to be? I am just sick of candy coating everything. To me, if it's "turned off", it does not exist. Nothing personal.
    I'm pretty sure it was common knowledge that Jordi had been saying if there was enough demand for a seperate PvP server, he would try to make it a reality.. In my opinion, that demand during the previous two weeks was there, and he went for it. When the announcement was made, we found out that people didn't want a seperate PvP server, they actually wanted one server with their idea of a ruleset, so he took the PvP server away...

My question is, who changed their mind? Jordi, or the playerbase?