Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Size

World Size

The features page indicates a starting map size of 120 km sq, but it also says it is a "world scaled" 120 km. How would this map size compare to other games on the market in terms of time to run across the map?

Re: World Size

We were talking about this in IRC before. From what we understand the game starts small and the rest is just fogged out or something like that. as the game population grows, more land will be unlocked, or something like that.
    Behind every successful man, there is a woman. Behind every unsuccessful man, there is two...

Re:World Size

without worrying about stats or weight or anything that would impede you, a none stop run would take about 2 hours to cross the full size map, if it was flat, which it is not.

The starting world size is 10 x 12 actual (not scaled) kilometers in game.

The world is surrounded by a mist that will gradually clear. The full world is currently 40 x 40 kilometers, but some of the area on the fringes of the world will not be accesible even after the mist fully clears.

Very Interesting...

What is in the mist that keeps people from going past. Or is it just a Visible wall.
    Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli

You can walk into the mist, but you'll all unconscious and find yourself back at your home city.

You will know you are losing health when you enter the mist, so it will be clear that you should stay away.

Visitor

This sounds like a great idea.. reminds me a little like the old Ravenloft setting for AD&D !
    Dont sweat the petty things...never pet the sweaty things!

Let the playfield expand with the population, not the population thin themselves over the playfield. Good idea.

Also I wonder if there will be any UFO's hidden in the landscape for us

Baldur wrote:
    Let the playfield expand with the population, not the population thin themselves over the playfield. Good idea.

Also I wonder if there will be any UFO's hidden in the landscape for us
    I think this idea personally.

Maybe the ufo one but I'm not sure... Atleast the game is open to so many possibilities due to it's setting
    Brum, brum.

Thats pretty neat...