Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Headstart we have paid for

Do we get any head start? Because Im lost.... I thought we get the full 2 weeks of head start for paying before the official release.

Now the headstart is officially from March 11th to March 15th Launch day.

Just like with Final Fantasy XIV it won't really matter... At least not until the game is improved drastically or trials allowed, the percentage of people NOT preordering will be extremely low. You can just as well consider the whole Prelude an extra time, since 90% of the playerbase will be the same people you've seen in beta.
    Yes, I know that bonus and extra are supposed to be free, but seriously, you are getting whole two months of free time, isn't that enough

No for your 40$ you bought right to play the game, 2 months and two additional weeks of free gameplay, and access to pre-launch(it's not specified how long).

Prelaunch is there to let us grab land before official launch as a thank you for testing, you don't need 2 weeks for that

I would like to add that while having 2 weeks of head start would have been cool and all, really those of us who have been learning the game already have a pretty big advantage. We understand a lot of what is going on and how things work so we will be able to jump in there and just go for it this weekend. This game has a steep learning curve, and we have quite an advantage over those who did not beta at all.

plus we get the nice wep.

Who do you think the "head start" lets you play before? Are you imagining hundreds of players that will purchase the game sometime on the 15th? The only player base right now is the same player base that will be starting on the 10th, there is no real head start because THERE IS NO ONE ELSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Who do you think the "head start" lets you play before? Are you imagining hundreds of players that will purchase the game sometime on the 15th? The only player base right now is the same player base that will be starting on the 10th, there is no real head start because THERE IS NO ONE ELSE.
    Every MMO has an influx of window shoppers that will pick up the game after initial launch and hit the servers hard. Most won't stay here because this is a thinking person's game. This game has the potential for steady, if slow, growth over time. EVE, for example, has continued to increase population at a very managable rate ever since it launched years ago, and it is the most successful sandbox MMO ever made.

I agree the head start really does not do much to benefit.

The weapon we got though, that will help. That was worth the pre-order and was a good reward.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Every MMO has an influx of window shoppers that will pick up the game after initial launch and hit the servers hard. Most won't stay here because this is a thinking person's game. This game has the potential for steady, if slow, growth over time. EVE, for example, has continued to increase population at a very managable rate ever since it launched years ago, and it is the most successful sandbox MMO ever made.
    You missed my point entirely. The game launches on the 15th, where are all the players OP thinks he is getting a headstart on?