Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    1) can we not base our opinions on what happens when we have the shittiest armor in the game? I'm not sure this is the most intelligent basis for an argument. Armor HAS mitigation, so it's not "broke." It's not MUCH mitigation because ITS CRAP ARMOR.

2) can we stop taking the term "end-game" so literally? This has derailed more than one thread... its like saying "but when I'm high level I'm not actually 50 feet above someone! wtf!?"

3) if you are standing still letting someone punch you enough times to kill you before you hit them 2-3 times with your PO weapon... then I dunno man. You are probably AFK and/or wouldn't of won the fight anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    1) can we not base our opinions on what happens when we have the shittiest armor in the game? I'm not sure this is the most intelligent basis for an argument. Armor HAS mitigation, so it's not "broke." It's not MUCH mitigation because ITS CRAP ARMOR.

2) can we stop taking the term "end-game" so literally? This has derailed more than one thread... its like saying "but when I'm high level I'm not actually 50 feet above someone! wtf!?"

3) if you are standing still letting someone punch you enough times to kill you before you hit them 2-3 times with your PO weapon... then I dunno man. You are probably AFK and/or wouldn't of won the fight anyway.

So what does one have to do in order to get armor with mitigation?

Could your clarify?

So far everything I have tested/worn does pretty much nothing. From grass to leather, to even bone.

Pretty much nothing and nothing are different.

I would imagine making something better than "junk quality" would be a good place to start.

So 25-30 skill is worthless? Why even put it in then? Start us at 0, if 0 = 25?

I have worn a full set of Daogwa assault. And it did the same as me being naked. How is that possible? It's either not implemented, or implemented very half/ass, shitty.
    lol

I don't know what effects armor quality, be it skill or material or luck or tools. Seems like a different subject to me.

But while we're on it, I since you can start with 25 skill i wouldn't imagine 25 skill is giving "endgame" results.

Full set of junk quality grass armor?

... lol is right.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I don't know what effects armor quality, be it skill or material or luck or tools. Seems like a different subject to me.

But while we're on it, I since you can start with 25 skill i wouldn't imagine 25 skill is giving "endgame" results.

Full set of junk quality grass armor?

... lol is right.
    you will have a bunch of naked people with po axes running around for the first 45-60 days of the game.
    3 hits with a po axe does ~140% of your total hps. 15% mitigagion means nothing, you're still dead in 3 hits.
    junk quality, poor quality, whatever. it still does not provide a material benefit that outweighs being slowed down considerable (still die in 3 hits.

if the armor isn't broken, then the po weapon is...putting a 'near end game' weapon in the hands of people who cant make gear to mitigate that damage for quite a whiel = recipe for naked gank syndrome. It completely destroyes the point of crafting, except for just grinding it. I don't think that's the intent of the system.

Did everyone forget pvp at the moment is just a placeholder? I'm not surprised people are complaining, but why not wait till they actually work on the pvp before complaining about it? While I am on the topic, safe-zones are there because of this as well. pvp/tribal-warfare/protection is just not there yet, so worry more about building up your tribe and less about place-holder mechanics :P

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    pvp/tribal-warfare/protection is just not there yet, so worry more about building up your tribe and less about place-holder mechanics :P
    following this advice leads to things not getting prioritized correctly. pvp is a significant portion of this game. the mechanics that drive the pvp are hugely important. 'Not worrying' about a significant portion of the game that is broken, would be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Uhm. WTF is this supposed to mean, exactly? Yes there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Sure there is. lol what kind of statement is that?
    just poking fun at some here, people worry to much and take things too seriously when in the end this is just a game and will continue to evolve as time passes. It was widely know that not all the features were in game yet including the combat system. What is here now is simply a place holder. Yes it may drive some off the game but personally i think this game will benefit from a small community. bigger is not always better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    following this advice leads to things not getting prioritized correctly. pvp is a significant portion of this game. the mechanics that drive the pvp are hugely important. 'Not worrying' about a significant portion of the game that is broken, would be a bad thing.
    getting prioritized correctly acording to you and some others, ..stop setting priorities and let the devs sort it out eh..

-pvp placeholder
    -armor has migration /stats
    -nobody in game has decent armor
    -come back when you tested it serious, and testing is, grinding a toon up to make all the armor sets at highest craft level , then you know what your talking about.