Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1

    It wasn't the map is too small, it's the junk pile

    The problem isn't the map is too small, It's that everyone will need junk piles. There was room, without the latest totem screw up if there where better access to junk through out the map so everyone didn't need to crowd around a few small spots.

  2. #2
    Xsyon Citizen NexAnima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    The problem isn't the map is too small, It's that everyone will need junk piles. There was room, without the latest totem screw up if there where better access to junk through out the map so everyone didn't need to crowd around a few small spots.
    If there was room and everyone had everything they needed...it wouldn't be an apocalypse, it'd be tuesday night at suburbia.

  3. #3
    Once they open mist there will be a true land grab.. with pvp and everything.

    Starting out with a somewhat limited land-to-man ratio and then opening up something huge sounds interesting to me.

  4. #4
    There is plenty of unused scrap, but not enough place aroud for big tribes. But that's not the problem. There is too many tribes and homsteads, NOT players.
    Animals have AI that keeps them away from settlements, that's where they live and breed. They need areas with no players, but since every "100m" there's homestead or tribe. they move into the mist and that is the problem.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Once they open mist there will be a true land grab.. with pvp and everything.

    Starting out with a somewhat limited land-to-man ratio and then opening up something huge sounds interesting to me.
    I agree, initially the area will be very crowded, then it will be opening up. All roads will lead to Rome ( or in this case the lake)

  6. #6
    Will be interesting to see what happens when the junk piles start running out. Big tribes are going to run out relatively fast...

  7. #7
    I plan to keep my homestead relatively small, easy to move away. As soon as we get mining I'll grab all my stuff and move up to the mountains, try to find myself a nice enough spot with good ore and start digging away.

  8. #8
    no theres enough junk.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    If there was room and everyone had everything they needed...it wouldn't be an apocalypse, it'd be tuesday night at suburbia.
    It doesn't exactly feel like a post-apocalyptic world. In a post-apocalyptic world I don't think I'd be running into people every hundred feet. Apocalypses tend to have drastic people-reducing tendencies, unless, of course, we're talking about one of those fruity religious apocalypses, in which case TV sensation Kirk Cameron is probably lurking about here somewhere.

    No, as it is, it feels a bit like we're all tourists on vacation and we all drank the lake water and went batty. Then one of us killed a bear and made a tent out of it and the delusion spread like wildfire. I'm pretty sure we'll see planes fly over soon. Most of us will throws spears, while others will drop to their knees and worship the giant flying metal beasts.

    As for the green mist, I don't know, maybe that's just how it is in Lake Tahoe. I've never been there, and I certainly don't get the Lake Tahoe weather channel. "Also, there's a slight chance of toxic green mist surrounding the lake tonight, so I'd suggest you don't go, because it's, uh, well, it's toxic and a mist so it's hard to see in and you'll probably die. It's our understanding that people are actually trapped at the lake right now, but our attempts to rescue them have been fruitless as our last three pilots have been senselessly murdered by roving bands of naked men."

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft View Post
    It doesn't exactly feel like a post-apocalyptic world. In a post-apocalyptic world I don't think I'd be running into people every hundred feet. Apocalypses tend to have drastic people-reducing tendencies, unless, of course, we're talking about one of those fruity religious apocalypses, in which case TV sensation Kirk Cameron is probably lurking about here somewhere.
    Seeing how there's 500-1000 people (my assumption). I don't think you can consider that "a lot".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •