Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

My Impression of Crafting - A Little Tiresome

So I got the game last Friday and it seemed to ooze potential. However, I am not a huge fan of the crafting system. To me it seems more like a job than anything. What do you guys think? The major problem is that we can barely carry anything which makes carrying back one log at a time essential but also extremely tedious. I understand you are supposed to work with your tribe but it just seems to be more job-like than fun. I wouldn't mind saying that the Apocalypse granted every human with a small degree of supernatural strength and endurance. That would be much more fun, but thus far the game is far too realistic with regard to the tedium to build anything. Idk. What are your thoughts? I'm not flaming the game btw.

My thoughts are you want everything handed to you on a silver platter. It's supposed to be hard. There is supposed to be a challenge.

Furthermore you have got to be kidding with the super powers.... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVampireSlayer View Post
    ... but thus far the game is far too realistic...
    No.

The realism and attention to detail is a major selling point of this game. I know there will be people that try to water this down, but I hope the developer won't compromise his vision trying to please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    My thoughts are you want everything handed to you on a silver platter. It's supposed to be hard. There is supposed to be a challenge.

Furthermore you have got to be kidding with the super powers.... wtf?
    Wow way to make an assumption and be an asshole at the same time. I'm just saying that it is too tedious in my opinion. That hardly equates to wanting everything handed on a silver platter. Also, the supernatural strength fits into the lore since they are giving us magic and religion-based abilities that will augment our attributes.

I see your point, and will counter by saying that this way of gathering/crafting resources grants items true value over junk that could be mass produced to no end. Just remember that it takes everyone the same amount of effort and organization to build/craft. The more you put into it, the more it'll pay off. Don;t forget that many features of the game are still turned off, and we're not presented with the full potential of what we're laboring to create.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVampireSlayer View Post
    So I got the game last Friday and it seemed to ooze potential. However, I am not a huge fan of the crafting system. To me it seems more like a job than anything. What do you guys think? The major problem is that we can barely carry anything which makes carrying back one log at a time essential but also extremely tedious. I understand you are supposed to work with your tribe but it just seems to be more job-like than fun. I wouldn't mind saying that the Apocalypse granted every human with a small degree of supernatural strength and endurance. That would be much more fun, but thus far the game is far too realistic with regard to the tedium to build anything. Idk. What are your thoughts? I'm not flaming the game btw.

Superpowers? What is this Champions Online? You are playing the wrong game.

Personally the realism is the main selling point for me, I want to feel like I actually accomplish something if I craft a house, a weapon, a road. I want that immersion to make this seem like an actual world not just a themepark game.

Go to play Dc universe online lol

I like the fact you work your butt off to make something, it's a slow process but very rewarding and the emphasis being on group/tribe play, being only able to carry managable amounts at a time is a good thing.

I agree with the other posters saying the realism should not be compromised. This system has advantages beyond simply making the game more realistic. It helps mitigate griefing because you aren't likely to get much off a guy who's just gathering resources. It also keeps people moving more often since they will be forced to carry materials more frequently. Being able to simply sit in a spot gathering a ton of resources would have a negative affect on the game's economy as well as making resource botting even easier.