Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trade beyond the Impenetrable mist??

Evolution

Xsyon is constantly evolving. During the Prelude, characters start off as simple hunters, gatherers and scavengers. As societies will advance new features will become available to the larger, more civilized tribes and towns. These features will include:

Agriculture.
    Evolved cooking. Character created recipes.
    Animal breeding and pets.
    Trade with tribes beyond the impenetrable mist.
    Armor decoration system which can indicate achievements and status.
    New weapons, armor and tools.
    Religion.

Join us in the Xsyon Forums for discussions of other potential unique features that we plan to develop and try out.

^ I just happen to notice this and I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what this means. Does this mean that from the get go all tribes are going to be separated from each other? It would make sense, considering that in the prelude they want us to build things up and not fight each other.

Could anyone shed some light on this? I think I've already asked one to many questions in the FAQ :laugh:

Looking for more free-spirited adventurers! Contact any NoX member or post to our recruitment thread.
    -Explore our backyard solo or with friends!

Xsyon Citizen

Re:Trade beyond the Impenetrable mist??

Its something in the far future after the release of xsyon and doesn't really matter by now.

When in darkness or in doubt,
    run in circles, scream and shout.

The Evolution Section is for things to come at some point in the future.

I know, but I'm just saying that it doesn't really make any sense unless the impenetrable mist divides the tribes. Otherwise why would they even say that because there would be no one beyond the impenetrable mist to trade with because it's impenetrable and no one can go there.... I'm just speculating, not really looking for a solid answer here.

Looking for more free-spirited adventurers! Contact any NoX member or post to our recruitment thread.

Future expansions will probably contain new areas on other continents. Tribes from one area will be able to trade with tribes from other areas. But none of that is set in stone, it's all future expansion stuff.

Hmm, because Xsyon is such a unique game I could imagine the devs pulling some really funky tricks
    Like say... the mist creeping around a certain area of land so as to cut it off from others?
    Brum, brum.

sisler86 wrote:
    Could anyone shed some light on this? I think I've already asked one to many questions in the FAQ :laugh:
    Devs:The game is designed for a few thousand and as we expand we plan to have new areas on separate servers, not copies of the same world
    Grimskeggr:Would characters be able to move between these servers?
    Devs:Absolutely yes.
    Seems to me that the trading beyond the mist is a reference to this, when (if) they get more servers online, you'll be able to trade between them. Individual tribes on the same server probably won't have mist between them...

sisler86 wrote:
    Evolution

Xsyon is constantly evolving. During the Prelude, characters start off as simple hunters, gatherers and scavengers. As societies will advance new features will become available to the larger, more civilized tribes and towns. These features will include:

Agriculture.
    Evolved cooking. Character created recipes.
    Animal breeding and pets.
    Trade with tribes beyond the impenetrable mist.
    Armor decoration system which can indicate achievements and status.
    New weapons, armor and tools.
    Religion.

Join us in the Xsyon Forums for discussions of other potential unique features that we plan to develop and try out.
    And Virtus said this

Virtus Wrote:
    The Evolution Section is for things to come at some point in the future.
    That's fine and all, But this future you speak of is only a few months long, As this is listed to be in the Prelude.

So the only thing I can think of is NPC Tribes that can walk thru the mist. The mist will kill us(I think), But mob's and I take it NPC's can walk into it and come out again.

I think this could also be a way for them to add new technology and/or skill's to the world and make them rewards or what ever, To tribes that have built up a large Tribe.

But with any luck, We will find out in-game soon. :blink:
    Yea, yea, I know, Wishful thinking, But I can't help it.

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

lol, I love how at the bottom it says: Join us in the Xsyon Forums for discussions of other potential unique features that we plan to develop and try out. and when I bring it up in the forums, everyone is like "We don't need to worry about that, it's not important right now" :P

sisler86 wrote:
    lol, I love how at the bottom it says: Join us in the Xsyon Forums for discussions of other potential unique features that we plan to develop and try out. and when I bring it up in the forums, everyone is like "We don't need to worry about that, it's not important right now" :P
    I find that even with members in my own Tribe, But with that line of thinking. What's the point of talking about any of this till we are in the game? When does it become important?

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.