Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Totem radius. . . vertical distance?

Does anyone know the vertical limits of totems? Are they the same? If I place a totem on an over hang do I have the land under it?

I am sort of guessing it would be a sphere and not figure into things much. . can anyone confirm though? The question and answer section is "on hold" for now so I am asking here.

SOMETHING def happens what for sure i dont know. we have a totem on an edge and we get like 5 ft on the bottom??? then we moved it like 3 ft closer to the edge and got like 10+ ft MORE at the bottom. soooo not sure if its a bug or how its calculating but something is going on

Quote Originally Posted by Grass_Ninja View Post
    SOMETHING def happens what for sure i dont know. we have a totem on an edge and we get like 5 ft on the bottom??? then we moved it like 3 ft closer to the edge and got like 10+ ft MORE at the bottom. soooo not sure if its a bug or how its calculating but something is going on
    Hmm that is strange. I can't play around with it anymore or I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    Does anyone know the vertical limits of totems? Are they the same? If I place a totem on an over hang do I have the land under it?

I am sort of guessing it would be a sphere and not figure into things much. . can anyone confirm though? The question and answer section is "on hold" for now so I am asking here.
    I've been asking the age old question "is it a sphere or a cylinder" for as long as I have been here. The closest I have gotten to an answer was to quote "its a circle"

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    I've been asking the age old question "is it a sphere or a cylinder" for as long as I have been here. The closest I have gotten to an answer was to quote "its a circle"
    I lol'd

so yer worried about ninjas from above....if any of these idiots even use standard elev...il be amazed.. even the Tallac crew is so inter fightin its become fun killen them...as far as trade...all is good

If 700 got hit announce it...we keep peace here
    err 970...lol 700 on yer own...ill kill to keep 990 to 975 ok...

QUICK! Someone dig a hole at thier totem to see how far down they go before they are blocked for being off tribal land!!

haha...watch out for subterranean ninjas!

MORLOKS!

well heres how I think of it, if you put your totem on a cliff and it has lets say 100 ft of radius, then you will have 100 ft or ground to the opposite of the cliff and you will have 100 ft Down the cliff. not the land where the cliff stops but the cliff itself for 100 ft. I think how the game does the distance is by land tiles regardless of if they are vertical or horizontal.. thats just my opinion though, we'll see if a Dev can clear this up for us

game DOES have land tiles on the Vert...can see it with the graphics....they get all stretchy...hehe...

That being said, if yer dumb enough to care about that mountain above ya...maybe place yer totem 50 yards in front to get full use.....common folks...you really worried about unusable land???