Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Marijuana Could be legal in California this Nov

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62O08U20100325

This nov cali citizens can vote if they want to legalize pot

hope this suceeds!

Re:Marijuana Could be legal in California this Nov

And since that disaster called "Obama-care" passed, you will probably get it "free" after paying super high taxes. You will probably need it once people realize how much debt the country will be in... :X

inferno3387 wrote:
    And since that disaster called "Obama-care" passed, you will probably get it "free" after paying super high taxes. You will probably need it once people realize how much debt the country will be in... :X
    canada and every european country has healthcare for all, how it should be in the US. Single payer, the gov should provide all health care just like every other industrialized nation.

bartillo wrote:

canada and every european country has healthcare for all, how it should be in the US. Single payer, the gov should provide all health care just like every other industrialized nation.
    You trust the government to do something right? They are the worst when it comes to anything, just look at the DMV (where you get your drivers license) I hate going to any type of government run entity as its always a bad experience.

There should be some regulations, but not just all out government control. I agree in preconditions, I agree that everyone should get health care, but going to government only, single payer is a BAD idea.

Edit, sorry for going off topic. :unsure:

inferno3387 wrote:
    I agree that everyone should get health care, but going to government only, single payer is a BAD idea.
    I don't see why people perceive healthcare systems as being either public or private. Over here we have both.

Just my bit, talked about healthcare more than I've ever wanted to now.

On topic: I don't see the big deal, everyone who wants to smoke pot, does already. In fact if you're stupid enough to get caught all the better that you do get caught. I like to call it survival of the fittest.

bartillo wrote:
    Single payer? Heh you do realise that YOU are the payer. 6% of my wages are taken from me every month to pay for welfare. I'm not on benefits, I barely use healthcare, I have my own pension, yet this money is stolen from me each and every month.

Oh noes, a whole 6%!!!!

C'mon Lily lets start a revolution!

Lily wrote:
    bartillo wrote:
    Single payer? Heh you do realise that YOU are the payer. 6% of my wages are taken from me every month to pay for welfare. I'm not on benefits, I barely use healthcare, I have my own pension, yet this money is stolen from me each and every month.
    10% here, plus my employer has to pay 40% of my salary to the healthcare chest. We are ripped off

I've got plenty of other things to be spending that money on. I'm getting more inclined to be interested in this kind of thing.

@ Lily and others complaining about taxing to pay for public health care.

I think that's a bit selfish, I pay my taxes, in fact, I was out of work for a few months a while ago, but refused to go on benifits. What about those that can't work, or there isn't enough work for them?

Just to make it clear, I work 40-50 hours a week, pay my taxes, don't use any benifits. I only have a problem with people who -choose- not to work because they can bludge off my income. I have no problem paying 20% to help out those who -can't- it's called being part of a society. Of course there are things I disagree with, but unemployment benifits and healthcare do not fall into that.

About the dope, I would vote yes, it's no more abuseable than many other legal things, feels better and is safer if taken responsibly.
    -Teotwauki

Click on the picture for more information on the Brotherhood of Change