Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tsunami In PACIFIC!! HUGE...check local news!

Sry...but a huge one at this hour...if you live in the island region...check your news...west cost US is even on alert....

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Sry...but a huge one at this hour...if you live in the island region...check your news...west cost US is even on alert....
    Oh no, Hawaii is going to get hit, too, looks like.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

Hmm...hope the servers are on the east coast...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I heard it was 4 meters in Japan. Not nearly as large as the other one although the earthquake was a lot higher on the scale. Who knows what will happen other places. This should be in off topic though I would think.

8.9 off of japan...got a high spot? even San Fran is under alert

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Hmm...hope the servers are on the east coast...
    I think someone said Chicago?

I'm a little more worried about the poorer countries this could hit than about Cali or Japan or Hawaii. Their buildings can take a lot, at least I hope so. If you ever get a chance to look at earthquake and tsunami death toll differences when it hits a wealthy country vs when it hits a poor one, it will break your heart to realize how many needn't have died in the poorer countries.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Tsunami In PACIFIC!! HUGE...check local news!
    By local i think u mean international, all over the place!

I was watching CNN early this morning and was watching cars and boats floating down the street in Japan.
    I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I heard about the nuclear reactor there. They couldn't cool it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by outfctrl View Post
    I was watching CNN early this morning and was watching cars and boats floating down the street in Japan.
    I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I heard about the nuclear reactor there. They couldn't cool it or something.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...030511478.html

At Tokyo Electric Power's Fukushima Daiichi plant, three reactors shut down automatically as designed after a magnitude 8.9 earthquake struck off the northeast of Japan on Friday afternoon. The quake also caused diesel-powered generators used to cool the reactors to stop operating, leaving the utility company with a shortage of coolant to bring the reactors to a safe temperature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

be carefull on talking folks...two of the kids I was chatting with were in this.....once said WTF...and the other said he needed to get to a higher apartment....Im prayin for both of them...the waves are still an hour away from West Coast...but I hear its bad...everyone in the path...please be carefull...

and yes...if your in that region of those two plants....get the hell out...Reactors are safe for a few days...but better safe than sorry...<worried a Japanese 3 mile Island in 2 days...