Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some information please!

Alright I read the features list, and I wanted to ask some questions because it didn't seem to be in that list or I was confused.

Is PvP allowed?

Will I be allowed to attack everyone at will?

Is there a way once someone takes over a territory to "siege" it to gain control?( Ie just forcefully taking it)

Is this game full loot?

Manual targeting, is that FPS for say a bow? Or is it wow Stytle targeting?

With the skill system, I can do everything right at the begining. say harvesting wise, but its by using it alot you get better, and if you dont use something, it will degrade, but will it ever degrade to the point where say I can scavenge for something?

Will player housing be destroyable?

Heard there was a law system, how will punishments be carried out, city guards?

Can I still stuff from peoples houses or storage rooms?

Can houses only be built in your own tribes area?

How do you settle an area?

Will be walls and such be buildable for defenses?

And is the only type of weapons, such as swords and bows? Like no gun, and no magic?

Alright thanks alot to anyone who answer these burning questions!

Re:Some information please!

Nightson wrote:
    Alright I read the features list, and I wanted to ask some questions because it didn't seem to be in that list or I was confused.

Is PvP allowed? YES

Will I be allowed to attack everyone at will? YES

Is there a way once someone takes over a territory to "siege" it to gain control?( Ie just forcefully taking it)

Not yet , Until After summer at least

Is this game full loot? YES

Mixture of Both , Not so much Wow style though..

With the skill system, I can do everything right at the begining. say harvesting wise, but its by using it alot you get better, and if you dont use something, it will degrade, but will it ever degrade to the point where say I can scavenge for something?

Im guessing you mean Can't. Well It will degrade , No one knows for sure How fast or to what level , But I think it should take a while to reset to 1 for example

Will player housing be destroyable? Yes Later on

Heard there was a law system, how will punishments be carried out, city guards? Don't Know

Can I still stuff from peoples houses or storage rooms? Don't know

Can houses only be built in your own tribes area? As Far as im aware yes

How do you settle an area? You need to bne in a tribe with atleast 10 members , Then you can set up your tribal spot

Will be walls and such be buildable for defenses? Yes

And is the only type of weapons, such as swords and bows? Like no gun, and no magic? We are starting off with no knowledge, So for now its sticks and stones , And progressing later on to swords and bows , Magic etc etc

Nightson wrote:

Is PvP allowed?

Is this game full loot?

And is the only type of weapons, such as swords and bows? Like no gun, and no magic?

1 yes pvp is allowed

2 pvp is open

3 not as of now although it has been stated that this might be the case later

4 if you just leave the person unconscious you may loot only one item if you kill them full loot, however in tribe wars this may be set otherwise

5 manual targeting

6 not as of now although it has been stated that this might be the case later

7 unknown

8 not as of now although it has been stated that this might be the case later

9 unknown

10 unknown

11 yes walls can be built when tribes achieve the status of town at least i think

12 right now there is only swords and bows however guns and magic will likely be implemented in the future

p.s. please note i only answered things as to my own understanding... i am not an employee so i cannot guaranty the accuracy of what i said

Welcome

Nightson wrote:

Is PvP allowed?
    Yes.
    Yes, but there are consequences.
    There is plan for sieges, we don't know how it will work, but towns are safe areas during Prelude.
    Is this game full loot?
    Yes.
    I think its manual targeting, no idea about the rest.
    There is skill decay, thats all I know.
    Not now, protected player housing during the Prelude. We don't know how it will work later.
    Not announced yet.
    Hmm I guess you meant to steal, the answer is no for now, protected player housing and protected player storage during the Prelude.
    As far as we know, yes, but it may changes.
    No idea...I guess you go there and start to build ?
    There will be walls and other stuffs, no detailed information about it yet.
    Magic is planned later on, I don't know about guns.
    Hope that helps a bit

By the way R0ss0, you were'nt entirely right on the targeting question.

It used to be a mix between Manual (First Person for ranged) and auto target (You still had to select a target before you could attempt to attack them), however due to a large amount of protest on the forums the combat system has now, or is in the process of being changed to an entirely manual target system.

In the previous system you would select a target and then attempt to attack them; they still had to be in range for melee swings and you still had to target them FPS style, however that system allowed for no friendly fire (as you could only do damage to your current "Target")

The current system is virtually the same except your sword/projectile will hit whatever/whoever you aim it at.

Just a clarification.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok wait so are they changing it to a Darkfall style?

Do you still have to target them, and then swing?

Or you hit what you swing/shoot?

Basically, is it turning into a Oblivion combat system, or the only targe hit?

Basically, as you said its turning into an Oblivion/Darkfall combat system for the purposes of targeting.

Hopefully that's where the similarities stop.

Darkfall was circle jerking chaos in melee and Oblivions combat was incredibly simplistic even with some of the better mods.

However It can be seen from FAQs that the Xsyon team is trying to avoid crazy chaotic combat and instead add an element of tactics and skill to it;

"2. How does melee combat feel in game?

For example; is it a little slower and more tactical, with parrying, dodging and directional swings like Mount and Blade?

Or is it very fast and chaotic, with melee turning into who can sprint around their opponent the fastest and click the most times, like Darkfall?"

To which Xsyon wrote;

"Slower and tactical. With bows you will have to actually aim.

Keys for left and right attacks (that answers the dual wielding question). You can set the mouse for these attack as well, but we're still working on how this might conflict with camera controls.

Additional keys (for example Alt) are used for manual dodging / parrying."

Hopefully that answers your question.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers for the update Edaw22

Thanks mate! Sounds awesome. I hope head shots, and stuff are in for bow. I would LOVE to go a pure bow person.... hope bow is actually viable for pvp in this game unline DF ( it is in DF to a degree, but you can't focus on it completely like melee or magic)

Nightson wrote:
    Thanks mate! Sounds awesome. I hope head shots, and stuff are in for bow. I would LOVE to go a pure bow person.... hope bow is actually viable for pvp in this game unline DF ( it is in DF to a degree, but you can't focus on it completely like melee or magic)
    What will you do if a person attacks you with a axe and your face to face? Alittle hard to fight with a bow when your in close combat.
    [img size=500]http://i42.tinypic.com/15yys69.jpg[/img]