Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hiding (General Information)

Just learned a tidbit on hiding, so I'm starting this thread.

- To level hiding, the best way is to find an animal, hide, and follow behind it (It may work with ppl outside of the tribe. Don't know yet.

Add hiding to your skill bar, press button, repeat ad infinitum, profit.

Xsyon Citizen

Question clicking on and off to level

i was hearing rumors that you could level hiding and that the best way was to press the button over and over again like you were saying, but i couldnt confirm this because people were too busy complaining and whining on the global chat and i couldnt get a word in edgewise. i'm still at hiding 5 because i didnt level after clicking it for a few minutes. how long do you have to click it on and off before you gain a level?

Quote Originally Posted by Snickle1980 View Post
    i was hearing rumors that you could level hiding and that the best way was to press the button over and over again like you were saying, but i couldnt confirm this because people were too busy complaining and whining on the global chat and i couldnt get a word in edgewise. i'm still at hiding 5 because i didnt level after clicking it for a few minutes. how long do you have to click it on and off before you gain a level?
    good question, cauz i was trying it also and couldn't seem to level. anyone with the answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

i spam it as long as i can, take a break, spam it some more, take a break. spam more. Right as you are about to give up, it will lvl. Honestly, I think there might be something going on with it. It takes a lot longer than any other skill atm to level. It takes about 20-25 attempts at 90 perception to get a salvage point, it probably takes 5x that for 1 pt of hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
    i spam it as long as i can, take a break, spam it some more, take a break. spam more. Right as you are about to give up, it will lvl. Honestly, I think there might be something going on with it. It takes a lot longer than any other skill atm to level. It takes about 20-25 attempts at 90 perception to get a salvage point, it probably takes 5x that for 1 pt of hiding.
    Yeah, I'd imagine it gets more skill when hiding near another animal or person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    A jug fills drop by drop...

dunno, had people around while I was leveling it the whole time. It sure wasn't this difficult before the wipe this past week.

Its nice its hard to level, otherwise the game would be full of invisible players.

would you be saying the same if i replaced <hiding> with <basket weaving> ? I hear what you are saying, really, but there is a huge difference here in terms of time spent to level hiding vs. any of the other skills available at the moment. I didn't set up to be a crafter, hiding (and killing) are my craft. It is ok though, i am leveling running and jumping too. Just providing what information I have to the others that are trying to get a head start on this atrocious process.

would you be saying the same if i replaced <hiding> with <basket weaving> ? I hear what you are saying, really, but there is a huge difference here in terms of time spent to level hiding vs. any of the other skills available at the moment. I didn't set up to be a crafter, hiding (and killing) are my craft. It is ok though, i am leveling running and jumping too. Just providing what information I have to the others that are trying to get a head start on this atrocious process.
    If you standing there by yourself spamming hiding, you are doing it wrong. It really isn't that hard to level. Try changing how you do it.
    Worstluck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]