Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Armour and special types of armour

Ok, something i've been wondering for quite some time.
    Will there be some special types of armour?

And will the game apprehend some of the main tribal features, enabling the tribe leader to customise his own skin for his tribe members?

Re: Armour and special types of armour

wait for a confirmation but I think all this will be possible
    [img]http://www.mgraur.jazztel.es//celestial.jpg[/img]

Re: Armour and special types of armour

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Xsyon Citizen

Re:Armour and special types of armour

Well I know that it was planned that you could paint certain items diffrent colours & that guild leaders could set official guild colours to distinguish themselves from others.

So it may be possible that armour's and weapon's & housing can be tinted to suit your guild. I think it will also be possible for guild's to set a logo once it becomes advanced enough.

But that info is pieced together from my chat logs which date back to the end of '07, so it may have been enhanced further or scrapped altogether. But it was planned and i'd expect that Jooky has some sort of system for tribes to customise their look.

Tribes can chose tribal colors and can send us their tribal logo to go on tribal flags and banners.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'special types of armour'. If you can give me an example I can answer better.

We have different types of armor (cloth, leather, bone, etc.) which will have slightly different properties based on materials used.

We do have a system almost in place for additional armor decorations, but we need to finalize this, so I haven't placed this on the Features list yet.

Will there be something along the lines of a one of a kind material that can be used only once?
    Say you find a pile of metal from before the apocalypse but there's only one decent portion of this left. Can you use that for "Special" armour?
    Brum, brum.

Many materials are obtained from scavenging and there are some rare materials that will be found only rarely.

When cloth armor is crafted for example, the crafter can choose what cloth to use. This cloth can be regular cotton or wool or have special properties (for example water or heat resistance).

Specific patterns don't require specific materials, so an armor part that looks basically the same can vary depending on who crafted it and what materials were used.

I hope that answers the question!

That's what i meant by special armour.
    Armour that's really hard to find and craft.

Then the answer is yes!

For example a full suit of asbestos armor will be very hard to come by (and could be useful for me if I find the time to post something on the mmorpg.com forums).

Okay, In the conecpt art I saw a Human Bone armour drawing. Does this mean we can harvest dead players for their bones to make armour out of?
    Brum, brum.