Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggested ideas

Suggested ideas

Spending some time reading the forums, people worried about this game turning into a grief game. Something I think will even just make this game easier in general.

Is making Adequet gear extremely easy to get. IE: Taking maybe 10 minutes at the most to make a full equipement set and weapon ect.

Starting from scratch in Darkfall its frustrating how long it takes to mine and harvest. Basic gear should be easy and accessable. Make the better gear, harder to get ( say like FP-Infernal) and weapons and such, but that gear impact fights alot more ( more than stats) I mean the gear should make the warrior. ( Besides player skill of course haha) But it shouldn't be overbalanced in any way. The main time management in this game is harvesting for your tribe, force every player to contribue that way, and less time on gear, so that they will always be geared because its not to expensive to replace. ( I solo raid in crafted Full plate... Not a cheap guy, but this is just my idea haha) I just don't want this game to be another farm to keep up gear, and banks, and instead be free to wear good stuff, and have the stuff as back up and just enjoy roaming.

Another idea, is the soft cap. My idea is force people to kinda chose in a way in each area. Have Harvesting, Crafting, and weapons ( magic?) as catagories. And having lets say more than 2 skills in each skill above ( 10?) will increase the degeneration. I think if you do this, it will help stop getting the jack of all trades characters, and help crafters to make there money.

Alright thanks all.

P.S: This message has been brought to you by Pain meds. Thank you.

Re:Suggested ideas

All i'm hearing is make this game like darkfall. I think your going to be really surprised on the Combat in Xsyon and it's not going to be like anything you've done before. The game has anti-griefing system in place, which i think is really going to help balance things out. I for one hope that they in no way give people the "good" gear right off the bat. I want to see the creation and evolving world that the crafting system has. I really don't want to see darkfall softcaps.

Visitor

Radison wrote:
    All i'm hearing is make this game like darkfall. I think your going to be really surprised on the Combat in Xsyon and it's not going to be like anything you've done before. The game has anti-griefing system in place, which i think is really going to help balance things out. I for one hope that they in no way give people the "good" gear right off the bat. I want to see the creation and evolving world that the crafting system has. I really don't want to see darkfall softcaps.
    You seem to be very well acquainted with a game that hasn't been released yet.
    Please do tell us how you know these things.

They have been plenty of statement by the Devs explaining the game mechanics and how they want the game to progress.

. How does melee combat feel in game?
    Slower and tactical. With bows you will have to actually aim.

3. What is the current control system for combat in the game? (Click to swing, parry buttons, dodging, equipping weapons etc) and will there be duel wielding?
    Keys for left and right attacks (that answers the dual wielding question). You can set the mouse for these attack as well, but we're still working on how this might conflict with camera controls.

Additional keys (for example Alt) are used for manual dodging / parrying.

The character is set to attack only the selected target, but you must be within close range for melee attacks. Direction of attacks is taken into consideration.

Posed by Dev Xsyon 3/02/2010

When in combat, the character is in 'combat mode'. This limits your movement speed somewhat so that you can't run circles around a player.

In the Prelude:

Unconsciousness results in very minor skill loss and in general the victor will be allowed to loot an item of choice as a reward for a fight well fought.

Death results in some stat and skill loss and allows the victor to fully loot the player. This is not without complications and consequences for the victor.

- Carrying capacity is limited, so fully looting another player will not be practical.

- A dead or unconscious player can be looted by friends as well as enemies. Friends have the loot advantage by having a quick button to rescue select loot from a fellow player. The advantage is to players that fight in groups and players that know when to pack up and flee from a losing battle.

- Killing or looting a person that is not in an enemy tribe will cause severe reputation loss with the other tribe and within your own tribe.

And there’s more…

When tribes are formed an overall tribe alignment is chosen. Players in a good or neutral tribe will automatically become outcasts if they ‘gank’ a good or neutral player of a non enemy tribe.

Players from an evil tribe are free to loot and pillage and will gain reputation within their own tribe for doing so, but they will also be vulnerable to attacks from all players who will be able to attack evil players without negative consequences. Players in good or neutral tribes will be allowed to put bounty quests on known evil players. In essence, if a tribe chooses to be evil they become the ‘monsters’ of the world.

Tribes can choose different levels of diplomacy with each other.

Players from friendly or allied tribes can fight each other, but only to unconsciousness and without looting capability.

Players from rival tribes can fight each other to unconsciousness with partial loot to the victor. Potentially the amount of looting can be agreed upon by rival tribes. (Setting the amount of looting is not currently implemented, but it’s something I am considering).

Players from enemy tribes at war can fight to the death with full looting (Potentially tribe leaders can come to a looting agreement for this as well).

Tribal leaders can set what actions are acceptable by their tribe members, in effect determining the laws within each tribe. Even an evil tribe may have a set of lows for its members to follow in order to maintain civil trade and exchange with other tribes.

Two good tribes can not become enemies, they can become rivals at worst.

Breaking the rules agreed upon by your tribes is possible but will result in a warning. If you proceed to act after the warning, your character is set to full evil mode and your reputation, alignment and karma consequences will be severe.

But that’s not all….

A primary worry for players is that they will loose their gear or loot. Keep in mind that in Xsyon all armor and weapons can be crafted and are thus replaceable.

Regarding death by age, this will not occur in the Prelude. By the time any characters will age enough to reach a natural death there will be several (and I think very interesting) methods to deal with permanent death without character loss.
    I believe just by reading the feature that have been released to the public other that I can't say a thing

I in no way want this game to be like darkfall haha or to have good gear off the bat... just saying this game shares SOME features, and trying to make sure that they don't do the same things wrong haha.

Ohh, by tbe way this game does have a skill decay system AND a softcap system, the devs said so in relation to my second set of question, I cant pasgte a link at the moment as im typing on a hand held device but its in the MMMORPG.com artkcle.

Plus Darkfall never actually had a softcap despite promising it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Soon as you said darkfall , i read the comments and they all said/think the same . Stop comparing

Xsyon Citizen

They said the softcap was 100 skill level. Anything above that would be extremely hard to level. I've been looking up crafting info and I remember that in my search. Sorry, don't have the link.

Diarmue wrote:
    They said the softcap was 100 skill level. Anything above that would be extremely hard to level. I've been looking up crafting info and I remember that in my search. Sorry, don't have the link.
    with that in mind im gonna get my sword skill to 200.... or over 9000 assuming the game mechanics would allow it to get that high