Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Xsyon Citizen Saorlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Animal Crackers
    Posts
    269

    Well it is actually working !

    Lag is gone, the game is running fine and if you read local chat (Which needs reducing in range by a long long way) you will notice something interesting starting to happen.

    People are trading with each other. People are swapping crafting knives for spades, wood, metal, etc.

    It is like a world slowing starting in motion.

    A big well done to Jooky - your vision actually worked. I worried that there was going to be no trade but it is just the opposite. Now we need to make sure new things are added all the time to keep up the good work. Lots of animals and Undead would be good.

    But please put the communcation system that is listed on the features not this long range local chat ! It is seriously immersion killing!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    ...local chat (Which needs reducing in range by a long long way) ...

    But please put the communcation system that is listed on the features not this long range local chat ! It is seriously immersion killing!
    YES!!!

    Please, for the love of everything, take out this multi-zone regional chat! Make it just in shouting distance, anything more realistic. Oour group actually leaves game to communicate via Yahoo because it's rediculous that people in 4 zones can hear our private conversations. Kills any chance at RP. Please reduce it!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post

    But please put the communcation system that is listed on the features not this long range local chat ! It is seriously immersion killing!
    /seconded - the local chat should be local, not half the area with 10 different zones in it.. Our lungs aren't that powerful!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    Lag is gone, the game is running fine and if you read local chat (Which needs reducing in range by a long long way) you will notice something interesting starting to happen.

    People are trading with each other. People are swapping crafting knives for spades, wood, metal, etc.

    It is like a world slowing starting in motion.

    A big well done to Jooky - your vision actually worked. I worried that there was going to be no trade but it is just the opposite. Now we need to make sure new things are added all the time to keep up the good work. Lots of animals and Undead would be good.

    But please put the communcation system that is listed on the features not this long range local chat ! It is seriously immersion killing!
    I agree on that local chat complaint, it's carrying so far! And I'm so glad things are working, albeit I'm having some pretty high ping right now, but it's not the kind that says 800 and takes several minutes to carry out an action or see what someone said in chat.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.


    On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

  5. #5
    Well, I wouldn't say that lag is gone. While there was no lag 3 or 4 hours ago, there is now (3pm Central European Time). It's not as bad as that you have to wait 3 minutes for a forage action but ping is all over the place and most actions have a few seconds delay to it. At least it was that way for me when I logged out 20 or 30 minutes ago.

    As to the zone chat, I actually want to keep it, it's good to establish trading within your zone. Of course we need a much smaller range (10 meters around the talker) chat system once the current problems are dealt with.
    Vito - a humble monk of the Brethren of the Seals.

  6. #6
    Its amazing how, in my mind, this game can go from "there's no fucking way" to "oh it's working pretty well." Has happened time and time again, I'm surprised that it...... surprises me.

    The irony about global being shutdown is all the annoying people you didn't want to hear from Global are within my Local range and talk just as much

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Its amazing how, in my mind, this game can go from "there's no fucking way" to "oh it's working pretty well." Has happened time and time again, I'm surprised that it...... surprises me.

    The irony about global being shutdown is all the annoying people you didn't want to hear from Global are within my Local range and talk just as much
    Indeed, they need to lower that, even if to 1 zone only, which wouldn't be too hard..

    As for it being fixed.. the lag usually kicked in a while after a reboot.. guess the OP was in posting before that

  8. #8
    Xsyon Citizen Saorlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Animal Crackers
    Posts
    269
    I spoke to soon, the lag monster is staking the lands again. I really think it is just too many people in game at once. I hope not because I am not sure what they can do about that !

  9. #9
    Why am I getting severe flashbacks to MO and ER launches?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    ... The irony about global being shutdown is all the annoying people you didn't want to hear from Global are within my Local range and talk just as much
    Hehe, same to me, as if they just all came to settle right around the corner. Ok, I know, it's not all of them, not even most.

    The funny thing is that I ignored a number of players that had been very vocal on global chat, now some of them are my neighbours and I can't talk to them.
    Vito - a humble monk of the Brethren of the Seals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •