Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leveling?

Leveling?

Whats fastest way to level leatherworking?

In beta I was doing well making interim stuff like leather strips.

Now, I have no clue since I have not been able to play much due to RL.

Just work on building full armor sets of a kind. I started with greaves, by the time I done three, I had learned a new recipe for the same kind of armor. I now can make the full set

By liquidblade at 2012-02-18

make armor for your tribe. doesn't take long.

does this work like basketry where you have to have one piece recipe from a set to get more set recipes or is it similar to toolcraft where you can get more set recipes randomly from say making strips?

I did not start with Leathercraft as a chosen profession. I went Basketry for the storage. I am leveling up it now, it is at 27 as I'm writing this.

I started with what I assume are the basic patterns:

Leather Strap
    Heyburn Pants
    Heyburn Shirt
    Heyburn Mocassins
    Leather Tarp

Since i started I have learned 2 helms

Novice's Leather Helm
    Apprentice's Leather Helm

My question(s) is what other items will I be able to make without finding a scavenged pattern?
    How many frigin Helms/straps will I grind before I learn something else?
    Am I wasting materials grinding these?
    Should I just wait till I find a pattern in scavenging?

I am beginning to lose interest...

Quote Originally Posted by lykoi View Post
    My question(s) is what other items will I be able to make without finding a scavenged pattern?
    How many frigin Helms/straps will I grind before I learn something else?
    Am I wasting materials grinding these?
    Should I just wait till I find a pattern in scavenging?
    I am beginning to lose interest...
    Leather crafting patterns are either the most or 2nd most common (after bonecrafting) patterns. The majority of these patterns are usable at level 25 or 30 skill. Spend an hour or two scavenging and you should find a pattern you can use, or trade some baskets for one. Otherwise, you won't learn any new recipes till you get the next non-set helm.

Ravelli

Thank you Ravelli. I did as you advised and found a 2 recipes for leather working, one skill 70, the other I could learn at my level. Im all set now.
    Scavenging is my new best friend.

Ah, glad I found this thread. I had been wondering the same thing last week when I was able to play. I'll soon be scavenging once/if this game finishes patching.

Just remember that if you get a set, you don't have to keep making extra items of one kind to keep getting new recipes for that set. You can make as many of that kind for your tribe and then go back to making useful items like leather straps until you learn the next recipe. Once you learn the final item of the set (usually the scarf), then you're done and will need to scavenge or trade for another set recipe.