Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making bags

Making bags

So,

is it true that only people who started with the basketry skill can learn to make bags?

How are people supposed to do anything in this game if we cant even make simple bags to store some things?

Do we all have to become ridiculous beggers so someone living half an hour from our home will pity us and give us some bags in exchange for nothing? I say nothing because we actually dont have anything to trade. why is that? Because we dont have any bags to store the components required to actually make some useful stuff.

I guess my question is: is there hope for me to learn to make some crappy basic bags so I can move more than 10 feet away from my home?

I'm not talking about nice stuff like a home or a fence. I'm talking about bags...

Anyone?

You seem to have alot of "baggage". Geddit? Cuz ur harbouring alot of issues? Geddit? No? Okay!

Evil Weebl - Member of Pandemic
    "Weebl's Wobble But Never Fall Down ..... An Evil Weebl Is the Same, But You'll Pray That He Doesn't Get Back Up"
    Quote Originally Posted by ModEzekiel
    Nice try with the thread saver, but closing thread for either misleading topic or post content.

Quote Originally Posted by menstar View Post
    So,

is it true that only people who started with the basketry skill can learn to make bags?

How are people supposed to do anything in this game if we cant even make simple bags to store some things?

Do we all have to become ridiculous beggers so someone living half an hour from our home will pity us and give us some bags in exchange for nothing? I say nothing because we actually dont have anything to trade. why is that? Because we dont have any bags to store the components required to actually make some useful stuff.

I guess my question is: is there hope for me to learn to make some crappy basic bags so I can move more than 10 feet away from my home?

I'm not talking about nice stuff like a home or a fence. I'm talking about bags...

Anyone?
    You can try scavenging for what will be a very long time in hopes of getting a recipe for a basket or bag. And even so, you'll still need a weaver and a lasher to make one. Or you can hope that a travelling basket trader will pay you a visit. Or you can roll basketry and then scavenge for a very, very long time in hopes of getting your skill maxed and acquiring some tools to do other things with.

Am I frustrated by the change as well? Yes. I had finally worked out a good combo of skills and tools to start off solo with, and now that won't work. I can deal with it, because I'm patient, but it isn't an ideal situation to be in.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

yep, thats really hard... after the big roleback last day one of us made an new char with basketery, that we have a few... but i think everyone should have an recipe with an basket with about ~20 slots, with out baskets its really hard to start in this game.

if you did not start with basketry it looks like you will have to trade for them or make friends with a basket maker.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...baskets./page3

Short answer, no. No hope.

Medium Answer: you probably aren't going to need to travel 30 min to find someone who can/will make you a bag. And since all they take is grass to make, you may even find a soul kind enough to make them just for the grass. And if you get enough made, you will only have to do this once.

Long Answer: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-X-recipe-quot

So,

Anyone?
    Someone might trade you a basket/bag/pouch for some collected scrap, some foraged food, wood, branches, flint, quartz, chalk, salvaged items like rivets or books....have to work at it.

You could try killing and looting a certain punny smart alec, but I'm not naming any names or condoning in game violence toward anyone.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

That's a shame, really. That game has such good promise but with ridiculous design decisions like that, half the people wont even try to play it more than one day and will get a refund.

We are talking about basic storage items, not nuclear weapons...We can't even drop stuff on the ground and a couple scavenged items is enough to overburden us so...

Sorry but I dont get that decision.

Think of this a little realistic, can you fix your own car? If you cannot, then how come you can drive one? Can you build a computer? If not, then why are you using one?

Maybe you will get lucky and find a recipe. Maybe you will have to trade items to get some containers. This is a game about interaction, go interact....