Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Animals question

Animals used to be all over camps at start. Now all trees are gone next to my homestead /and much wider, its barren lands) as neighbouring tribe chopped them all down. Now I can not find any animals at all even in wider radius around my homestead. Could it be related?

i have not seen 1 animal since launch and i have traveled alot

Had a bear attack our homestead last night. Was pretty kool except for the lag. Can't wait to be prepared for em.

We've had deer around, and someone in zone chat has major bear problems (at least 3 a night).

I think it has more to do with everyone killing all the animals as soon as the lag died down, more than with the trees. Not sure though!

I BET PLAGUEBLACK CUT DOWN ALL THE TREES.

Xsyon Citizen
    I have been looking in the large wildernesses close to the mist and there is no animals to be found. So at this point I believe they are instict except for maybe some random spawning animals that are killed within minutes from they spawn in.

This makes bonecrafting a pain as all you can do is scavenge all day and hope for some random bones...

Hunting and bonecrafting pointless right now

After the devs managed to reduce lag to a decent level they should really increase the animal spawn huge time. I talked to a couple of bonecrafters ingame. They gave up searching for animals. I used 2h to walk on the border of the mist, i did not find a single animal. The only way to craft at least some items is to scavenge for bones. Basketry, Logging, fishing, leathercrafting, toolcrafting ... all these professions have their resources may be even on tribearea.
    So make bonecrafting and hunting doable ! Make respawning times may be WOW spawning time / 10. Its ok if it is far away from the lake or occupied area in general but make these areas hunting grounds.

Jooki has said ingame , after a server restart , that currently the Animals are vanishing into the Mist . He has a new coder currently reworking the Animal AI code , but until that is done , he will reset animals as often as need be so players do get at least some hunting .

Quote Originally Posted by galagah View Post
    Jooki has said ingame , after a server restart , that currently the Animals are vanishing into the Mist . He has a new coder currently reworking the Animal AI code , but until that is done , he will reset animals as often as need be so players do get at least some hunting .
    basically, the AI is too good?