"You cannot find any useful items here"

Message gotten during failed scavenge attempts.

Just want to confirm some things. Does this mean that the area in which you are trying to scavenge has been... scavenged out? Will these locations eventually regain their ability to be scavenged, and does anyone have a rough feel for the timer on this?

I assume this is in place to prevent people from just chain scavenging their safe area, but it's nice to make sure.

it just means you didnt find anything in that spot if you come back to that same spot when the timers up you have a chance of finding something. the items arent gone from that spot just means you didnt find anything

Gotcha. I know for foraging there's two different messaging systems for "there's nothing here" vs "you just didn't find anything", but didn't know if the same were true for scavenging.

It should state something like "You fail to find any useful items here" or " You didnt find any items of use here" or "You didnt find anything worth picking up here" or "You didnt find anything worth salvaging here on this occasion... better luck next time"

Quote Originally Posted by Akraxeus View Post
    It should state something like "You fail to find any useful items here" or " You didnt find any items of use here" or "You didnt find anything worth picking up here" or "You didnt find anything worth salvaging here on this occasion... better luck next time"

Right, which is why I was thrown when I saw "cannot" versus "did not"... different connotation.

You still get skillups without uncovering something useful. Get it around 60 and you will find much more stuff..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scavengig until lvl30 is a pain in the ass. 30-40 you start finding stuff more often. 40-60 you are already on 25% hit rate. 60+ you are sometimes on 50% hit rate and you start finding really nice stuff. Multiple saw blades in just few minutes are not exceptionally rare at these levels.

You can scavange same spot after 5 minutes (same goes for foraging).

Adding: You dont have to be on a junkpile to discover something usefull