Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry Average consensus on leveling crafting.

I'm a tool crafter. I like making tools. But without baskets I ain't got no where to put my tools. Sure, I can and do trade but I'd rather just be able to make my own baskets however small they may be.

Thats the back story kiddo's now to the meat of the problem here.

I started with Basketry at level 5. I sat there making a bunch of junk out of grass for enough hours to level basketry to 31. In that time I learned how to make hats, and grass plates... but no baskets.

I mean what are hats really? Just baskets you put on your head.. and moccasins are little baskets for your feet, but no baskets for my tools.

After a great number of hours in leveling *basketry* I think it would be fair that I learn how to make.. at least.. one small basket. Maybe just a pouch or something to encourage me?

On that same note, it seems like what you learn is fixed too. My buddy leveling basketry learned the same things I did at roughly the same time... so I ask you, has any NON basketry crafter received a recipe for baskets through the incessant grind?

Any others with different crafts having a similar experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Deksam View Post
    I'm a tool crafter. I like making tools. But without baskets I ain't got no where to put my tools. Sure, I can and do trade but I'd rather just be able to make my own baskets however small they may be.

I started with Basketry at level 5. I sat there making a bunch of junk out of grass for enough hours to level basketry to 31. In that time I learned how to make hats, and grass plates... but no baskets.

I mean what are hats really? Just baskets you put on your head.. and moccasins are little baskets for your feet, but no baskets for my tools.

After a great number of hours in leveling *basketry* I think it would be fair that I learn how to make.. at least.. one small basket. Maybe just a pouch or something to encourage me?

On that same note, it seems like what you learn is fixed too. My buddy leveling basketry learned the same things I did at roughly the same time... so I ask you, has any NON basketry crafter received a recipe for baskets through the incessant grind?

You can try to buy the recipe or scavenge for it.

How i hate the "i want everything handed out, console player generation". It a Multiplayer Game, Basket Crafters want tools so TRADE....wtf. Or start with basketry and level toolcraft...seriously

And also here:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-X-recipe-quot

This is how the system works i think. Baskets are part of Sets so you gain the receipe only by finding plans.

also there is a Sub Forum for crafting and for basketry maybe you should look or post there.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Thats just the point though and mentioned in the post there too, basketry isn't really justified when making a basket, and across 3 characters that I know of, they all start with the same things and receive the same recipes at the same time. Kind of interesting if you think about it, 3 different people leveling basketry, all learning the same things at the same time, none of which learning how to make baskets.

Its like when you start as a mason, but you don't have a hammer or chisel to actually make bricks. What is that? At least in that instance you have a recipe to make what you were trying to make, but its kind of the same situation.

the skill gain and also skills peopel start with have changed for sure since beta.. in beta it seemed to be a bit random but on release we seem to get a standard set..

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    How i hate the "i want everything handed out, console player generation". It a Multiplayer Game, Basket Crafters want tools so TRADE....wtf. Or start with basketry and level toolcraft...seriously
    Really? Thats how you perceived what i said? "I want everything handed out, console player generation" ? After leveling basketry for many multiples of hours you think I just want everything handed to me? Thats your answer?

All I'm saying is the idea is a little backwards that, within the first 30 levels of someone learning basketry, they have yet to be able to make a basket unless (from my experience) they chose basketry as their profession. Kind of a silly name for a craft when its base principle isn't easily come by, while I can make a farmers hat with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    the skill gain and also skills peopel start with have changed for sure since beta.. in beta it seemed to be a bit random but on release we seem to get a standard set..
    This is what I was comparing it too caldrin. Thank you for posting. It seemed like I was able to get a different set, while in my experience post beta all 3 characters leveling grass seem to be learning the same things at the same times

you need to read up on how it works your confused... It perfect how it is... stop asking for mechanics that make the game easy mode...
    Light travels faster than sound thats why most individuals seem bright until they open their mouths.

Really? Thats how you perceived what i said? "I want everything handed out, console player generation" ? After leveling basketry for many multiples of hours you think I just want everything handed to me? Thats your answer?

All I'm saying is the idea is a little backwards that, within the first 30 levels of someone learning basketry, they have yet to be able to make a basket unless (from my experience) they chose basketry as their profession. Kind of a silly name for a craft when its base principle isn't easily come by, while I can make a farmers hat with no problems.

This is what I was comparing it too caldrin. Thank you for posting. It seemed like I was able to get a different set, while in my experience post beta all 3 characters leveling grass seem to be learning the same things at the same times
    You need to play within the game rules. If you don't have the receipe of a set item you never learn it until you find the plans. How the craft is named and other stuff can be adjusted.....and yes you don't like that YOU can't craft a basket when you didn''t choosed basketry in the beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're right but your spelling/grammar is a little off. Haha. Just playing...but true.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    you need to read up on how it works your confused... It perfect how it is... stop asking for mechanics that make the game easy mode...
    “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”