Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

re; needing a storage bin recipe any will do

I'm looking for a storage bin recipe, plz send me a PM of what you want and what zone you are in and I'll let ya know If I'm interested.

Same here, will trade substantial goods for recipe

As far as I have been able to learn or experience, you cannot get any basket recipes from scavenging. I am a lvl 100 scavenger and I have never seen any grass patterns but the assault and gatherer armor ones.

I also do not believe you can ever gain basket recipe unlock if you started out without any basket recipes to begin with. If I am wrong on this last one I would love to know.

.......................I see green mist......

Is this really true? That you cant unlock basket recipies if you dont have them to begin with?

All that time I've spent grinding basketry....my patience with this game is almost at an end

Quote Originally Posted by abnesher View Post
    Is this really true? That you cant unlock basket recipies if you dont have them to begin with?

All that time I've spent grinding basketry....my patience with this game is almost at an end
    You dont need to have basket recipe. Just trade with someone who has baskets...

People its not about making your character the superman, its about trade, and rely on each other

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    You dont need to have basket recipe. Just trade with someone who has baskets...

People its not about making your character the superman, its about trade, and rely on each other
    I'm perfectly aware of trading being a key element in this game. BUT for a tradeskill named basketry, I was kind of expecting to at least be able to make baskets. On top of that I see storage as one of the most important aspects of a game that needs you to collect and gather. Especially as I cant even dig a hole and put 100 nails in it but have to "destroy" them when removing them from my inventory.

Anyway, some basic info regarding this would have been great to start out with. This game could be absolutely awesome, I'm just tired of wasting my time instead of building my new home/tribe/whatever.

I've been offered a few baskets since, but that doesnt quite solve my problem with this game. Rerolling ad libitum until you get the desired start out recipies seems like a silly gamemechanic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by abnesher View Post
    I'm perfectly aware of trading being a key element in this game. BUT for a tradeskill named basketry, I was kind of expecting to at least be able to make baskets. On top of that I see storage as one of the most important aspects of a game that needs you to collect and gather. Especially as I cant even dig a hole and put 100 nails in it but have to "destroy" them when removing them from my inventory.

Anyway, some basic info regarding this would have been great to start out with. This game could be absolutely awesome, I'm just tired of wasting my time instead of building my new home/tribe/whatever.

I've been offered a few baskets since, but that doesnt quite solve my problem with this game. Rerolling ad libitum until you get the desired start out recipies seems like a silly gamemechanic to me.
    This, in my opinion, is a perfectly reasonable complaint. Nowhere in any official information about the game is the current "don't get a basket recipe unless you reroll until you get one" listed or explained. It's gotta be infuriatingly frustrating to have spent a large amount of time grinding the hell out of basketry only to realize (via the forums) that you'll never actually get a recipe for all the work you've done...

Basketry is basically the only profession you get what you really wanted out of it by picking it when you started.

i really wish some of the other craft lines were like that, IE you can never make X because you didn't bother picking it at the start.
    TokTok - Axe Welding Basket Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Basketry is basically the only profession you get what you really wanted out of it by picking it when you started.

i really wish some of the other craft lines were like that, IE you can never make X because you didn't bother picking it at the start.
    What's really bad is that you CAN pick basketry and still not get a basket recipe....lol