Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stat Stealing Ninja Comes From The Shadows

I know others have been losing stats as well as I. So far 3 points down, no deaths, no starvation or thirst. Honestly, what is going on? Why cant you gain stats, but rather lose them?

Xsyon Citizen
    One theory circulating is that the stats are calculated in fractions of whole points, but the client only displays whole numbers.

Example:
    You begin with 50 str and 50 dex, you do some crafting and after a while you notice you have 49 str and 50 dex. What really might have happen is that you have 49.9 Str and 50.1 Dex. As in you gained one fraction of dex from crafting, but as we are capped on how much stats we can have you also lose a fraction of a point somewhere else, showing up as a whole number in the client.

Only time will tell if this is correct or not.

Quote Originally Posted by windoze View Post
    One theory circulating is that the stats are calculated in fractions of whole points, but the client only displays whole numbers.

Example:
    You begin with 50 str and 50 dex, you do some crafting and after a while you notice you have 49 str and 50 dex. What really might have happen is that you have 49.9 Str and 50.1 Dex. As in you gained one fraction of dex from crafting, but as we are capped on how much stats we can have you also lose a fraction of a point somewhere else, showing up as a whole number in the client.

Only time will tell if this is correct or not.
    Good theory, Unfortunately I have also lost stat points. My issue is I lost them from my maximum pool. so instead of having 60/60 str and 15/15 spirit, I now have 59/59 str and 14/14 spirit. I really hope they remove hard structure on stats and just have a hard cap that would allow the free distribution of stat point through action, with a max of say 100 per stat.

My theory is: (the age theory, by jumpshot, phd)

There is constant stat loss. Not from death, starvation, lack of pants, or anythign other than time logged in the game.

The stats one loses are based on your age. Since we're all kids in game (under 25ish), we are losing STR, SPI, etc. We may lose different stats as our characters get to a different age bracket.

The only way to combat this stat loss is by gaining stats, which you by... doing stuff. That is - you can't stop the stat loss, you can only gain stats in those (or other) stats.

The age thing may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the stat loss being constant and stat gain being the only way to combat it is true.

Stat gain IS in, so keep at it.

My character is 29. Highest the game allowed. And besides if each days is 1/8 of real you cant be aging that fast, or by the time your character made one year you'd be down to 0 strenght.

Another thing to point out is that you generally lose Strenght first, then you lose either Perception, Charm or Spirit, depending on the case.

I think in this case some official clarification would be welcome.

Since I havent died/starved/thirsted since launch I can only point out one reason for it ----> Grind! If you exerct yourself for too long without a rest you will lose stats

My char is 16, lowest allowed and I have also lost 2 points, one of which was str and I am often loaded or over loaded. Has anyone seen a stat go up?

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    My character is 29. Highest the game allowed. And besides if each days is 1/8 of real you cant be aging that fast, or by the time your character made one year you'd be down to 0 strenght.
    I'm not saying it's based on aging, I'm saying it's based on the age that you are. See the sublte difference? The stat loss is constant, doesn't matter if you've had a birthday or not. w/e though just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    Since I havent died/starved/thirsted since launch I can only point out one reason for it ----> Grind! If you exerct yourself for too long without a rest you will lose stats
    I think if you stood still for the same amount of time you'd lose the stats.

I'm also against official clarification. Some of the fun of this game is figuring things out. Just my opinion.

And ya my buddy got a STR increase after making 64879312512351235 bricks.

It's obviously a bugged system imo. Been doing only terraforming since I've started playing and trying to get territory lined up for when I do start crafting. Have now lost 1 str. Keeping myself fed and quenched.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I think if you stood still for the same amount of time you'd lose the stats.
    This is something no one will ever prove, since there's no one who has stood still ingame since launch or ever will be.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I'm also against official clarification. Some of the fun of this game is figuring things out. Just my opinion.
    Players only have to figure it out once and then everyone knows. Making everything opaque is a really weird gimmick that serves no purpose except to excite so-called "realism" and "immersion" players