No Trees and no branches/twigs

Hi guys, i have an problem, arround my area one guy has cut down nearly every tree (included stumps) in nearly one night (for me it was night for him it was day i guess, because i live in Germany so different timezone) and now i have to run very long ways to get the simplest things like branches/twigs, how long will it be that there are new trees ? Im very handicaped now, its not funny to run over 20min for 4 branches -.-
    I wanted to make architecture higher, but so it will take many many weeks.

and btw this guy hasnt taken the wood, but he made all to long log, nothing that i need...

any ideas what i can do to make the life easier ?

I've heard they're on a 3-day regrow.

On a side note may as well collect those long logs and put them on your turf in case you DO need them... since deforestation seems to be a problem in your area!

Yes collect the long logs if they were left there. Maybe you can use them in a trade for the items you need.

this game is a resource control game, if you want to control more resources you need to band together with more people.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    this game is a resource control game, if you want to control more resources you need to band together with more people.
    Normally I like your posts, but this one has me rolling my eyes. What kind of recruiting tactic is: 'Join us, solo players, or we will cut down all your trees'?

I catch someone cutting down trees around me just to be an ass, I'm going to find out what his tribe is, and then I'm going to go a-chopping in his neighborhood. And as a solo player, I can pack up and move into a more thickly wooded area a lot more easily than a tribe can.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

I would use the long logs to help leveling architecture. They can be used to make some fences or something.

It seems silly that you can't cut up long logs to short after transporting them to your lands,or can you I may be missing something?
    Regards Drifter.

Coming soon"Drifter's Camping Ground"

www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I catch someone cutting down trees around me just to be an ass, I'm going to find out what his tribe is, and then I'm going to go a-chopping in his neighborhood. And as a solo player, I can pack up and move into a more thickly wooded area a lot more easily than a tribe can.
    Maybe the guy was just leveling his skills? Anyhow my tribe in general avoids these tactics (I mean we chops trees close to other if we need them!) as like you said changes are they come back and do the same to your area.

As a lover of all things trees I would recommend having at least a tree in your homestead area for safe keeping from this sort of tactic. I do some deforesting myself but I usually leave a handful near a homestead when I am out choppin'. Then again I'm a nice guy. Plan for the worst is the best strategy in Xsyon.