Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by korlion View Post
    WE DO NOT NEED TO BE SPOONFED.
    Speak for yourself... I needs my strained carrots..

Would suggest the devs only step in once the ENTIRE available playable area is clearcut of trees.

so yeah, once again, just let them plant trees, wall in your stock, post guards, this isn't the smurfs ya know...

Just the other day I noticed that the regs have a tree that's completely walled off. you could always do that

@VD: 23? Wow, anyone got "Victory or Death?" The last Star Fighter was awesome

@kyr: Thanks!

Signed.

Madea - excellent posts (in the first 3 pages I got through).

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I think making it extremely time-consuming and stamina-intensive would be best, thus making it easy to chase down and kill someone who's doing this to your surrounding lands.
    Normally I ignore Sirius' post but I actually like this ^ one.
    It really should take a fair-sized group of players a whole [game] day to lay waste to an acre or 12 of land.

My proposal would be; that each character be limited to destroying one, maybe two, things per [game] day.
    This would apply to just about anything that had the "destroy" menu option.

As for terraform-destruction... that's a whole different ballgame and I haven't thought of a good solution yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosegg View Post
    Signed.

My proposal would be; that each character be limited to destroying one, maybe two, things per [game] day.
    This would apply to just about anything that had the "destroy" menu option.
    No, no, no, in fact let me add a hell no! I whole heartedly disagree with this. The devs should add mechanics that help us(by us I mean we the players) deal with these problems. Not a restriction that basicly does it for us, and limits the overall gameplay.

I do like the idea of destroying stumps time and stamina intensive though. It doesn't restrict and will likely evolve into different tactics to destroy a forested area. For example you'd likely have to bring people just to be body guards if you wanted to deforest someone if this was the case.

Btw after reading a lot of this thread I retract my view on making stumps only deletable on tribe/homestead land. Just make it easier for us the players to deal with it.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    I do like the idea of destroying stumps time and stamina intensive though. It doesn't restrict and will likely evolve into different tactics to destroy a forested area.
    This was the core of my idea. Make it manageable for players to deal with this on their own. I'm against hard-coded restrictions, or direct GM intervention, wherever it's not genuinely needed. It not only wastes the devs' time, it nurtures a player base that will come to expect everything to be done for them.

1 stump destroyed = 30 seconds and 100% stamina.

AND players need the ability to reseed areas...whereas trees may 'grow back' in 72 hours, reseeeded areas take 120 hours.

On the subject of seeding....poison ivy might be a nice addition. Actually don't remember seeing anything but trees in the game. I come back to the fact that with no electricity or gasoline in the game destroying stuff should take more than an instant click, but still be destroyable.

To the OP, Yes, yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

Just the other day I noticed that the regs have a tree that's completely walled off. you could always do that
    Thank you, common sense! (Seriously)

I apologize in advance, because this is gonna be a rude reply/rant to those who want a system to "protect them" or "even the playing field"...

You have the tools, you have a brain (which should be understood to be included in the Tools, but just in case), use them.

Just because there isn't an OBVIOUS solution doesn't mean the dev's need to change the game. Eve gets thrown around a lot on these forums as an example of how to do "X" system. Last time I played Eve, a lot of this same ass-hattery occurred there, the difference was that people there seem to have understood that what is used against them can be used back.

Why is a sci-fi/futuristic game okay to have this level of common sense, but a post-apocalyptic game has to have everyone singing Koomba-ya and drinking the fizzy-sugar water?

Hell, dig a giant pit around "your" trees, and leave only 1 ramp in/out that is walled off into the center of your town. Or even leave the ramp out and only put it back when you need it.

The moral of this rant is, the developers gave you the tools, the system gives you a base set of rules, and (I hope) your teachers taught you how to think, so do so.

::Goes back to the crafter section muttering about whippersnappers and a lot less polite things::

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    @VD: 23? Wow, anyone got "Victory or Death?" The last Star Fighter was awesome
    Hehe, nope. Grig in a gas mask would be pretty sweet though.