Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So most of this is rage, I really don't see why. Honestly if there is any remedy that needs to be taken, the ability to plant trees would be the best one. That and some damn gates on the walls.

Other than that, can more VD people post? I love your signatures, and I am curious if you can come up with 20 different versions of "VD".

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    So most of this is rage, I really don't see why. Honestly if there is any remedy that needs to be taken, the ability to plant trees would be the best one. That and some damn gates on the walls.

Other than that, can more VD people post? I love your signatures, and I am curious if you can come up with 20 different versions of "VD".
    I'm not sure how many more are going to make their way in until we see some progress on either making PvP a little more fun or some Siege implementation, but I did a quick count on our signature board and we're currently sitting at 23 different guild names.

This "issue" doesnt need addressed QUICKLY imo...

Yes, it needs addressed, but there are many other things that should be before it (lag, combat, bag naming, etc).

The FUN PART of a PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY is having resource shortages, contesting of said resources, politics/diplomacy involving resources, current resource aquisition and risk involved, and various other things. Simply GIVING the player driven economy an unlimited amount of something defeats the whole purpose of itself. Y'all better start jackin' your wood asap, before its gone!

*Lumberjackin' that is...

and we have a stockpile of lumber products.

is there a method to the madness? hmmm.

or are we just eeeeeeeevillllllllLLLLLllll.

terraforming is not aloud off your own land. Should be the same for distroying stumps and rocks.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    terraforming is not aloud off your own land. Should be the same for distroying stumps and rocks.
    Terraforming is always aloud. Check your volume control.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    do you know how fast you would run out of resources.

you wouldn't be able to build anything.

there isn't a problem, the issue is you need to police your land more, we do the same in our tribe and the trees have been up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    do you know how fast you would run out of resources.

you wouldn't be able to build anything.

there isn't a problem, the issue is you need to police your land more, we do the same in our tribe and the trees have been up for a while.
    aloud It took me a minute to get it too. hehe

damn guys, stop being so whinny. look the trees will grow back. stop trying to limit what people can do. It is called a a sandbox game for a reason not a damn daycare for "spoiled i want it my way kids". Yes people will clear the trees, people will dig up the ground and people will even kill you. Its not something we should be limiting. we already can't steal off peoples land, can't atttack them. Hell we can't even defend ourselves on their land.

I had someone even teraform my river so getting back to my homestead is 2x times as long(i have to go around and up over a cliff,lol). you know what? i thought it was ok and even a smart thing they did it added a 'somthing" that is missing from wow and etc. WE DO NOT NEED TO BE SPOONFED.

I had a nice chat with on of the guides, who asked devs directly of what is allowed and what is not:

- Moving totems around by 5, 6, 7 people that hop from temp tribe to temp tribe to be able to terraform land around anyone is allowed even if it means building a huge wall around someone and cornering him completely
    - Destroying all in game resources by any means (allowed in game) possible is allowed. You can destroy stumps, junk piles, block rivers, destroy grass... Everything goes.

So don't bitch too much, rather find a way to get back to those who maltreated you. Payback is much sweeter if you do it yourself (using game mechanics, not going to his door with PMX bat in your hand). Here are some things you can do to anyone destroying your resources (as allowed by game and mod rules).

Form a temp tribe of 10 people with showels. Place a totem next to tribe or homestead you want to grief. As close as possible, preferably close to some key resource like river or junkpile. Clear everything up, dig up a huge hole or raise a huge dirt wall on that piece of land and get rid of all dirt you have. Holes work well if close to a river, no tribe likes to be surrounded by huge water ditches with not enough dirt to cover it up. Then have all but tribe leader leave the tribe and form a new one right next to the first one. Do it 5-6 times to make sure everything around tribe you want to grief is ruined and terraformed, no trees are left, water sources are moved (if possible), no junk or grass is left and nothing to do there except to move out. If you are lucky that tribe you want to grief is close to elevated water source (river that flows downstream with few waterfalls) you are lucky as leading water down will auto generate 100x more dirt then you can ever bring with yuorself. This will allow you to create huge natural walls (mountain sized if you know how to do it) that no one can fix without investing months of terraforming in it.

If they take days to fix it (water and elevation, resources are permanently destroyed) do it again as soon as they are done. 10 people can ruin a landscape in just few hours and it would take 10 people much longer to fix it.

I'm not saying you should do it, I personaly despise any form of griefing and misusing game mechanics to ruin game experience for others. I'm sayint this is all possible and allowed by game and mod rules. You will not get banned or warned for making barren lands around anyone. And if there is nothing else for you to do to get back to those who griefed you this is how you can do it and enjoy it as they can not touch you in your own tribe lands (hoping tribes is easy).