Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Add clan/tribe tags!!

Dont need to explain why this needs to be implemented ASAP!
    As the game is PvP oriented, we can't live without this! - Its brings SO many problems with making alliances and trade agreements when you cant see who is who.. !!

My own reply to a post has been added:

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    Adding tags removes a tactical element to the game. This was done in another open pvp game much to the annoyance of the player base. You can quite clearly see the names of a player when your up close and personal, and if a player is unsure whether that player name is friendly or not is a problem of their own making.
    Im sorry to say this doesnt remove any tactical element at all dude.. The only thing it brings is frustration, and limits the ability to establish alliances. We are having major issues with identifying people in our surroundings atm. With NAP's being established, it's near impossible to remember 50+ names, who you are allowed to attack and who your not. We are trying with different methods for indentifying people you walk up to, but its a retarded system..

Lets say im sneaking up to a guy who is fishing etc. Dont know if he is friend or foe, i have to get his attention.. Hmm, local chat? Local chat is freakin 500 miles wide, and a "Hey you XX, what alliance are you in?" There goes the moment of surprise, and half the globe can see what im typing. Yes there is whisper, but again.. Who the hell whispers a dude you are about to attack? Suprise attack ruined...

Emotes? Mmmm no.. You come across a guy in the wild... You stop up in front of him.. Doing the chicken, miiaaaww, pray, crying emote - Cuz thats your signal that you are friendly.. When you are done doing your emotes, the guy is either 5 miles away or killed you already...

I dont want a auto target system, where you can just tab through people. If you are close enough to see his name, you should also be able to see his tribe name.. Nothing more, nothing less!!

I like it. I'm out scavenging and a mysterious figure is approaching. I ready my weapons and enter combat stance. Oh it is just my tribemate Willy. Whew. I continue on scavenging. I shouldn't know who people are far away. This should stay the way it is.

Adding tags removes a tactical element to the game. This was done in another open pvp game much to the annoyance of the player base. You can quite clearly see the names of a player when your up close and personal, and if a player is unsure whether that player name is friendly or not is a problem of their own making.

I agree with the OP. The names are already disabled until you get really close and at that point you should be able to see their tribe name. And, their name should be a color depending on their alignment. It doesn't remove a tactical element to the game at all, as you don't even see names that much when your fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    Im sorry to say this doesnt remove any tactical element at all dude.. The only thing it brings is frustration, and limits the ability to establish alliances. We are having major issues with identifying people in our surroundings atm. With NAP's being established, it's near impossible to remember 50+ names, who you are allowed to attack and who your not. We are trying with different methods for indentifying people you walk up to, but its a retarded system..

Lets say im sneaking up to a guy who is fishing etc. Dont know if he is friend or foe, i have to get his attention.. Hmm, local chat? Local chat is freakin 500 miles wide, and a "Hey you XX, what alliance are you in?" There goes the moment of surprise, and half the globe can see what im typing. Yes there is whisper, but again.. Who the hell whispers a dude you are about to attack? Suprise attack ruined...

Emotes? Mmmm no.. You come across a guy in the wild... You stop up in front of him.. Doing the chicken, miiaaaww, pray, crying emote - Cuz thats your signal that you are friendly.. When you are done doing your emotes, the guy is either 5 miles away or killed you already...

I dont want a auto target system, where you can just tab through people. If you are close enough to see his name, you should also be able to see his tribe name.. Nothing more, nothing less!!

I like the way it currently is, it adds mystery to the game.

Perhaps instead of adding clan tags, you could introduce some sort of tribe insignia to wear. Now, I don't necessarily think it would be very cool if there were tabards like in world of warcraft, where it would take up your entire chest piece. At the moment I can't really think of a good idea for solving this, but I think we should continue without tribe tags, and keep the distance of seeing someones name how it is. Think outside of the box a little.

It makes a much more interesting scenario if you're out scavenging and see someone off in the distance, unsure of what to expect. That's how it would really be in a post-apocalyptic setting, even if the person WAS in your tribe, from a distance you wouldn't know this. In my opinion, they should keep Xsyon realistic, as well as they can - not a lot of games do this, and once you start adding all of these little fixes to make the game easier it'll just become another mmo.

It is absolutely fine as it is. I want to have to work out who someone is by there size, clothes, activities not some shitty tag from a childrens game.

Why not add coloured tags and other silly stuff as well then so as to totally ruin the immersion. I think the OP may have the wrong attitude for Xsyon and might need to go back to other more child friendly game

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    It is absolutely fine as it is. I want to have to work out who someone is by there size, clothes, activities not some shitty tag from a childrens game.

Why not add coloured tags and other silly stuff as well then so as to totally ruin the immersion. I think the OP may have the wrong attitude for Xsyon and might need to go back to other more child friendly game
    We are on completely different levels here, and we have a different approach to the game.. By the looks of your post, i recon you dont participate in much PvP, if any..
    No thank you, I dont ask for children friendly tags.. I'm asking for much more advanced tribe and alliance mechanics than those implemented atm.

I can see your point, but I think you will drop alot on the floor if you dont get a system that recognizes allies from foes.. At the end, people will stop PvP'ing in major alliances, because the chance you kill an ally is just to big..

And for the record.. You dont have to refer me to children games, if you want someone to play with in Lego Universe you can post in the Off topic section..

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post

Perhaps we should remove the name that floats above your head then as well? This way you have to type, "Hey guy, what's your name?"

I've been against immersion-breaking elements as much as the next guy. But, if you look at this from a character/role-play perspective, your character should be able to recognize whether someone is in his/her tribe. It shouldn't always be a constant question of "who is that." As for the name color, I'd prefer that signify the difference between Good, Evil, and Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by XeoStyle View Post
    At the end, people will stop PvP'ing in major alliances, because the chance you kill an ally is just to big..
    How is this a bad thing? If an alliance/tribe is so disorganized it needs "coloured names" to be effective and it's members so trigger happy they kill one another, then whose fault is that, certainly not the games!