Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Material Shortages

There seems to be a large amount of weapons that use wooden handles, some bone, and some metal. Obviously bone is difficult to obtain because of the trouble with animals at the moment. Metal handles are not in the game yet, I've read. Wood on the other hand is in game, but the trees are used by many other crafts and are nearly all gone in some areas.

Can we please have some of the recipes, using wooden handles, changed to using branches?

this was also in another thread once the trees are gone the branches become scarce also. maybe they could put a faster respawn on trees or something that is the only viable fix to this issue

Welcome to a game with limited resources.
    --~@ SONNE @~--~@ Treebeard @~--

Quote Originally Posted by cbowsin View Post
    Welcome to a game with limited resources.
    So limited you can't make anything after 1 week. :P

Quote Originally Posted by biotek View Post
    So limited you can't make anything after 1 week. :P
    Well if you and those around you are locusts then that would explain why everything is gone. . So what you'll have to do is travel further for resources which could put you in greater danger with hostile people. Thus good to try to conserve immediate resources.
    --~@ SONNE @~--~@ Treebeard @~--

Quote Originally Posted by cbowsin View Post
    Well if you and those around you are locusts then that would explain why everything is gone. . So what you'll have to do is travel further for resources which could put you in greater danger with hostile people. Thus good to try to conserve immediate resources.
    Definitely believe this is true. Another way to solve this with allowing to have some creativity involved would be allowing branches to be used, but one would have to craft handles out of them to be able to use them in weapon projects.

Also having faster respawn rates for trees would be helpful as well.

There are literally thousands of trees in almost every zone I have been to. Yes, you may have to travel outside your totem safe zone (which honestly isnt that big of a deal- go naked if you want to) Especially for weaponcrafting, you don't need that many handles really - one tree would give you roughly 40 handles.

OR - have you tried bargaining with a neighboring tribe? I would bet that they would certainly be willing to hand over some handles or logs in return for some scavenged items.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.scottstrait.com/images/vd_hap2.jpg[/SIGPIC]SCOTLAND!

ya the fix for this doesn't need to be coded.

I've been going on expeditions to tree stands in teh distance. Me, a saw and a knife, maybe a buddy. Chop tree, make handles, waddle back. It's actually almost exciting with the risk involved.

If the tribes wouldn't group up so close together then it wouldn't be a issue, also the trees grow 2-3 weeks own back in abo
    TokTok - Axe Welding Basket Weaver

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    If the tribes wouldn't group up so close together then it wouldn't be a issue
    Exactly !
    Our tribe is in a more or less deserted area, we still have plenty of trees around. Of course we have to walk a little bit now (300m) to get the logs, but it's not a big deal !

Hopefully with the map extansion, people will move to other zones pretty soon.

By the way, if you can, try to have one high level woodcrafter in the tribe so low level woodcrafter don't waste logs with high fail ratings !
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    the mist will kill you