Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PVP System.

The combat in this game is horrible as is. Please reroute your resources from expanding the mist zones to revamping the combat. After the combat is finished and weapons and armor work and can break, then give people the ability to spread out. There is still plenty of room on the current map and I don't see the player base growing much after everyone's current land is stuffed full of baskets and houses that have no real purpose. Or is that why the mist is being expanded? In order to fit all the useless crafting that everyone is churning out. There isn't even a basis for an economy yet, or a reason to trade at all.

And op, you picked a very bad title for this thread. It should have been something like "Combat System" because whenever some people see the letters p, v, and p they cringe in fear.

Talked to the tribe and those of us that pre-ordered decided to stick it out for 2 months until our free time expires, playing on and off (mostly off).
    The guys that didnt pre-order might not stick around and those that haven't bought the game yet decicded not to waste their money.

Honestly I can't see the logic in ever allowing tribes to decide to not be part of pvp, all you're going to get is large tribes being non pvp and having sub tribes be warring. Then when they're tired of being pvp they just join the safe tribe for a bit, and they get all their crafting and gathering done without any threat at all.

Not to mention that non warring tribes are gonna set up around rare rescources, wall them in and since they're non warring nobody can do anything about it. And the whole idea of having seperate zones for war and peace is even worse than having seperate servers. At least with seperate servers you would have less lag but with seperate zones you get the lag from people you will probably never interact with.

The point being, walls are high enough so that you're not going to see city raids like in DF, I don't see why after gates are implemented the safe zones can't be taken down. If you want prime real estate you should be prepared to fight for it. If you talk shit you should be prepared for the consequences. You can craft all day but if theres no way to lose it then it'll screw the economy fast.

Sieges should be extremely tough for the attackers, but every tribe should be able to siege and be sieged.

man what's wrong with you.
    why do you have to be so focused on griefing other players.
    why don't you get that this game is not about pvp.
    It's about crafting pretty clothes, donning your finest armor and weapons, climbing the tallest mountain then watching the sun glint off your shinies as it falls below the horizon. ahh. the serenity.

yes that's sarcasm.

Why is PvP enabled if your not supposed to PvP?

JINGA I WIN

Thread Closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    man what's wrong with you.
    why do you have to be so focused on griefing other players.
    why don't you get that this game is not about pvp.
    It's about crafting pretty clothes, donning your finest armor and weapons, climbing the tallest mountain then watching the sun glint off your shinies as it falls below the horizon. ahh. the serenity.

yes that's sarcasm.
    Dude I know, but you can only have so many future lincoln tophats and feathery pimp jackets before you feel like you need to pimp hand someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    Dude I know, but you can only have so many future lincoln tophats and feathery pimp jackets before you feel like you need to pimp hand someone.
    dude you're missing the boots. You need the fish bowl boots. only then will you truly be pimptacular and be justified in raising your pimp hand against all that oppose you.

They have (I think by now) a combat guy who's looking into combat.

They have ARTISTS who are doing the mist area... layout<---

The PROGRAMMERS are working on stabilizing the game (they have 2 right?)...

Read the thing I just wrote down ^^^

The programmers are working on stabilizing the game...

After the game is stabilized, totems can become starting zones, whatever crafting/building mechanics that need to be introduced (comfort/decay), and probably the skill system decay turned on (not just stat decay), THEN they will be ready for revamping combat.

You guys act like combat is 0 priority.. it's like Priority 9 (10 being highest). Originally I read that they planned on starting the combat fix within the first month, but then with the growing community (not just spacing but junk pile and mob issues) they need to move back the mist... then they have performance problems and lag that came up, which will probably be fixed in a week.

Shit happens guys...and the only thing you can do is be patient.

*To the guy who didn't read the updates or the interviews about the style of war that's been spoken about (even interviews said most wars will be friendly ish like good vs good tribes and good vs neutral tribes<---however NONE of this is set in stone)...

To throw in the towel now (or your entire guild to) just shows you aren't researching your products before you buy them.

I still think safezones will leave once gates are implemented and working...

To throw in the towel now (or your entire guild to) just shows you aren't researching your products before you buy them
    he didn't say that.

I think a lot of us are in this boat...we paid, we got our 2.5 months...the game has a window of opportunity of 2.5 months to show that it is going to do, or at least is headed in the direction of that which it said it was going to do.

I'm sorry to rehash old stuff, and bait old flames, but many of us are here for the territorial conflict part of the game.
    We want the guild vs. guild competition. The crafting and everything is nice, but it's only a means to an end.

i'm actuually fairly entertained (in a meditative trance kinda way) designing and building up the tribe fortifications. They are about 60% done, assuming the game doesn't go down for an extended window, the town will be at about 95% in a week or two. give me a week or two to get my crafting up (i'm not the fastest) in case it actually becomes worthwhile...ok now what? who can swim across lake tahoe the fastests races? Scavenger hunts? nakedwhackamole pvp events (pvp is currently very similar to whackamole)?

Bottom Line: Combat needs to be addressed. It needs to be addressed rapidly. Without getting the combat mechanics fixed (weapons, armor, decay, animations, the whole thing...) the is very little point to the rest of the game...your doing something just to do it, not for any particular reason. That has appeal to a very very small subset of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    To throw in the towel now (or your entire guild to) just shows you aren't researching your products before you buy them.
    I love how you say we don't research products before we buy them. Obviously you weren't here about a year ago when we preordered. Back then there wasn't going to be an option to be non warring, there were going to be safezones only for long enough for walls to be built.

It's only recently that people started suggesting that tribes should be care bear care zones that are safe forever. And it looks like the Dev's might have caved.

So maybe you should research before you speak? or on second thought nah that'd make too much sense, you should continue to troll first, think later.

I'm not even crying about them not fixing combat soon enough, it sucks right now sure, but I can wait. But if they are going to let tribes decide to have massive safe zones around their totems permanently, then that's game changing enough for me to worry.

When I bought the game I figured combat would be fixed within the time we have of "free play"... but I never expected the territorial part to come into play until Fall or later this year....maybe later than that.

But yeah paying these months are exactly for those with the wait-and-see attitude. The thing is that there is so much information out there that any customer can find out pretty much the reason behind the important things that people whine about.

However... I didn't realize Shrimps was here a year ago. From my short stay here I can see that the future of Xsyon is ever-changing, so if it changed (or wasn't discussed) a year ago I could see why he'd be wanting to leave now as it may not be "last years game" anymore.

lol... Shrimps ninjaed my post... sorry shrimps.

I still don't think they'll be "safe zones".... more like safe from being warred. I dunno... it can still change as it has been changing.