Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hiding nerf ? WTF

I understand you not wanting people to afk macro hiding...but damn...been doing it for 2+ hours today.....not one point. Been doing it since starting actually, and only gained 5 total. Is this working as intended? If so, it will only encourage afk macroing, and totally screw the normal player. NO OTHER SKILL is as hard to get a point in....hell, even with scarcity/total lack of animals, a bonecrafter can still skill up.
    The truth will set you free....but first it will realy piss you off !!

Some good points you've brought to the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    A jug fills drop by drop...

Hiding needs to be nixed, anyway. Lock camera in closer and no panning allowed. No lame "Hide" skill needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Hiding needs to be nixed, anyway. Lock camera in closer and no panning allowed. No lame "Hide" skill needed.

It's been stated before...again and again...they arent goin to make this an MO clone....forced camera views will NEVER be implemented. What is so hard for you to understand that?

But if they're going to have a skill that people put points into...then they need to un-eff it, or as you suggest...completely remove it. However, if they're going to remove it, they need to do it NOW, before people spend experience points and starting skill points in it.
    The truth will set you free....but first it will realy piss you off !!

It better be hard to level... 100% invisibility at max is no joke. When you get mobs in people say it's like plvling hiding.

I think the leveling of hiding will be alot easier once animals are working properly

Hiding skill is stupid. How can you become invisible in the middle of the field with no trees around. Or transparent. We don't even have cars let alone stealth technology.

Bring up different types of clothes instead, like white overalls for snow or green (Daogwa) for grass or grey for rocky areas. And do it like in RL and not by "hiding". Hiding means moving behind an object and not becoming transparent in the middle of the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Hiding skill is stupid. How can you become invisible in the middle of the field with no trees around. Or transparent. We don't even have cars let alone stealth technology.

Bring up different types of clothes instead, like white overalls for snow or green (Daogwa) for grass or grey for rocky areas. And do it like in RL and not by "hiding". Hiding means moving behind an object and not becoming transparent in the middle of the street.
    If you are going to go this far (which I think is a far trade for taking out the hiding skill) then you need to add in a crouch and crawl to help with recon work. Sure you can sit and lay down but if you take out hiding I want to be able to move while crawling or crouching. Just my opinion of course.

Yes, crouching and crawling should be in. Good idea and can replace pointless bent knees a bit hiding. Imagine a group of 10 people dressed in daogwa assault armors crouching through grass towards an encampent. That would be something worth doing and not becoming transparent by using "skill".

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    It better be hard to level... 100% invisibility at max is no joke. When you get mobs in people say it's like plvling hiding.
    I can't wait to max it out, and I'm going to be incredibly sad if it goes away before I do. Not like it's OP, since you can't do more than creep along when you're hiding anyway, at least as far as I can tell so far, and it's much more balanced between aggressor and intended victim than '1st person view only', which is all in favor of the guy coming up behind someone with an axe. As a wandering crafter, the ability to spot trouble coming and fade into the background before it spots me is much to my liking.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!