Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Damage

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I agree.. weapons should do more damage..

I do wonder though when it got changed.. it isn't how it was, thats all I was trying to confirm.

My only gripe is, a person that pre-ordered using a regular weapon does alittle more damage than an unarmed person... an armed person with a pre-order weapon does an insane amount of damage over the unarmed person.. even if the person didn't spec the preorder weapon LOL..

Using a pre-order blade that I had 0 skill in and 0 armed combat versus a friend starting with 25 unarmed combat. We had the same stats.
    I wtf pwned him. It wasn't even close... thats me using a preorder didn't spec in versus someone with 25 skill.

A person that pre-ordered and chooses unarmed combat is basically gimping themself because they do not get the benifits of the added damage via the pre-order weapon.
    Unarmed combat might be cool one day if they fix combat and you get a Kick or something added that would bump the damage a bit sometimes but in its current state
    its not a good idea to use.

Please enlighten me.. If I am wrong or over looked something or mybe my couple of tests weren't a good enough look at it.. I am trying to understand this myself and would like more input.
    this is correct.

and its how it should be, when you go unarmed you risk nothing. when you go with two axes you risk two axes. so axes should be vastly superior, else we have a situation like early darkfall where lamers were running around naked shooting mana missiles with their blessed newbiestaffs. we do not want that in this game.

edit; although currently theres an imbalance present, the blessed preorder weapons. But weapon decay will be in sooner or later, so this problematic situation is only temporary and therefore does not need any other direct fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriath View Post
    this is correct.

and its how it should be, when you go unarmed you risk nothing. when you go with two axes you risk two axes. so axes should be vastly superior, else we have a situation like early darkfall where lamers were running around naked shooting mana missiles with their blessed newbiestaffs. we do not want that in this game.

edit; although currently theres an imbalance present, the blessed preorder weapons. But weapon decay will be in sooner or later, so this problematic situation is only temporary and therefore does not need any other direct fixes.
    Kinda...

When you go unarmed your not going to be wearing armor because it lessens the speed advantage. the only reason to go unarmed..

And your right they don't have much to lose but in my case.. neither does the person using the free superior quality weapon that is bound to his character.

I truely feel an unarmed combantant shouldn't do as much damage as an equally skilled weapon user. But in my scenero it would be like a black belt in karate fighting against a normal joe using a huge buck knife. The Karate guy would probably take the knife away from the guy
    and use the handle to beat the shit out of the dumb ass that pulled it out on him.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    Kinda...

When you go unarmed your not going to be wearing armor because it lessens the speed advantage. the only reason to go unarmed..

And your right they don't have much to lose but in my case.. neither does the person using the free superior quality weapon that is bound to his character.

I truely feel an unarmed combantant shouldn't do as much damage as an equally skilled weapon user. But in my scenero it would be like a black belt in karate fighting against a normal joe using a huge buck knife. The Karate guy would probably take the knife away from the guy
    and use the handle to beat the shit out of the dumb ass that pulled it out on him.
    naa in ur example it would be a 2 week karate noob trainee trying to battle with a drunktard with a huge knife. Id say the advantage would be to the drunktard actually.

in real life you need to be extremely skilled to have any serious chance weaponless against average guy with a weapon. And although I havent tried this personally I would think that an extremely skilled sword user would mop the floor with bruce lee any day.

cba reading thread, but it's generally accepted that PO weapons are beast, but mostly because everything we have to compare them to sucks.

Unarmed should suck damage-wise for multiple reasons, the least of which is it swings fast as fuck. pre-emptive lol @ fotm'ers who took it because they heard it's OP.

Lastly supposedly this is the place-holder combat, not sure how much "tweaking" it'll get.

Lastly lastly loading entities rules.