Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re:Combat Mode and other requests and issues.

Any chance this could be moved to the Suggestion forums?

Did that forum just come out because I've never seen it before and I would of posted this there, instead of in Balance issues.

This in my opinion is a bad move making in and out of combat speeds different. Don't know about you but the desire to beat someones ass doesn't make me run slower. The way it is now. If someone doesn't wanna pvp they just have to run. The only real option is to surround the person and then they whine about being zerged or out numbered

Just to point out, this game over all is supposed to be looked at from directions other then run up to someone and bit the living daylights out of them. Maybe it would require cornering them etc.

No, this is more of a balance problem then a suggestions thread.

I like DDT's idea of being able to run and attack but having it take more energy...maybe a secondary combat mode that allows you to run and attack but has more of an energy loss (maybe activated by toggling run)

This game is a PvP game, if people don't want to PvP then maybe they shouldn't look into this game. You guys shouldn't cater to the carebear needs since that is not what this game is supposed to be about.

I like the idea of having a secondary combat mode that allows you to run however it shouldn't take more energy. If it takes more energy then the person trying to kill will run out and be reduced to walk speed or no speed, while the person trying to dodge the fight can continue to run. This would be another carebear feature

This could also be heavily exploited as the person originally just running in normal mode would conserve energy and wait for the person chasing in combat mode to run out. They would then turn around and fight a fatigued player while they have more energy because the normal mode running doesn't take excess amounts while running.

This game, while it has PVP, is not PVP focused. The idea is to form a balance for the two.

Why not take more energy? Running and swinging a club will surely tire you out quiet quickly. If this is not liked then have it use both the energy loss of running and the energy loss of combat.

The idea is not so that crafters can run away but also other fighters should they wish.

If the fighter thinks he will run out of energy before taking out his prey then maybe he should not pursue. It would only be the fighters own fault if he ran out of energy, just like it would in any real melee combat.

What Im saying though is that there has to be some kind of balance between the 2 modes. You can't have one guy fleeing without penalty while another pursuits and loses energy rapidly.

Yes it is logical that if you are running and swinging a club at the same time you will be losing energy at a faster rate. But the extra mode to run while in combat shouldn't have you lose energy faster because your not going to be swinging ALL the time.

This is why there shouldn't even be a combat mode. If your running normally and swinging a weapon you'll lose energy faster anyhow because of game mechanics. You don't need a specific mode to do that, its just wasteful.

The main reason for a combat mode, besides the slow action, is to allow the mouse to pivot your position without having to hold down the right mouse button and to allow the mouse to use left and right click as arm swings instead of object interaction.

and ok, we can settle on having running and swinging just take a normal combined energy loss, nothing more. And R will tab between pursuit combat and face to face combat with slow movement.

However, some people are faster then others and will be able to catch up to the prey. This could force crafters to take certain character stats, however the village should be a fairly safe place for the most part.

Virtus wrote:
    and ok, we can settle on having running and swinging just take a normal combined energy loss, nothing more.
    Im down with that 100% :laugh: . Thank you.

edited my post above

I saw, and everything you changed looks great. I do know that this game is heavy with the stats you invest and Im very glad for this. I just didn't want it to be carebear central where no matter what a PK couldn't kill anyone because they would run away without penalty.