Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Macroers

I'm just glad my macro pole doesn't have item decay on it.

erm.. fishing pole..

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Seeing as combat and weapon skills require being fed by leveling points, I'm tempted to call BS. That or he really is 24/7 macroing; in which case staff should probably start waking up to reality.
    we had hoped MO and Darkfail Dev would wake up to reality, they never did. Seems we following the same path again

Which gamer isn't under the influence of macros today..?
    Even the freaking Theme Park MMO's are subjugated to macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    they have 99 axe/87 armed
    sounds like lies to spread the macrophobia further.

The constant murdering of brand new helpless players are what have pushed his attack skills over the 90's It could be total BS everything else the guy says is complete lies, but I have witnessed them macroing and watched it go on for several rest cycles.
    It is true he may have the advantage now but with a softcap instated hopefully catching up won't be a problem.

I still suggest that you report people who are macroing. They aren't helping the lag any.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    sounds like lies to spread the macrophobia further.
    Everything else Warmonger said that night was just garbage to rile people up, so I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case about those stats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kalseth View Post
    Everything else Warmonger said that night was just garbage to rile people up, so I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case about those stats as well.
    Because I've seen them macroing EVERYTIME I go to their tribe... It's true he is a troll, but does that mean he doesn't macro? I never said the name but it's obviously everyone knows who we're talking about.

Macro's are bad for the game, because they spam the server with endless commands. That will inevitably contribute to lag for everyone who is actually trying to actively play.

The so-called "attended" macro's are just as bad. Running a macro while watching TV or browsing the 'net is just as bad as leaving the keyboard, because if you weren't running the macro, you'd most probably not be playing anyway.

The argument that Xsyon "cannot afford to ban players for macroing" because the playerbase is so small, is shortsighted. If those running the macro's go around with wtfpwn skills killing all the "honest" players, people will leave the game of their own accord.

There is no real defense against macroing other than vigorous enforcement by the GM's and guides. The dev's can pull character stats on all players, and those that seem far ahead of the XP-curve can be monitored ingame.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Macro's are bad for the game, because they spam the server with endless commands. That will inevitably contribute to lag for everyone who is actually trying to actively play.

The so-called "attended" macro's are just as bad. Running a macro while watching TV or browsing the 'net is just as bad as leaving the keyboard, because if you weren't running the macro, you'd most probably not be playing anyway.

The argument that Xsyon "cannot afford to ban players for macroing" because the playerbase is so small, is shortsighted. If those running the macro's go around with wtfpwn skills killing all the "honest" players, people will leave the game of their own accord.

There is no real defense against macroing other than vigorous enforcement by the GM's and guides. The dev's can pull character stats on all players, and those that seem far ahead of the XP-curve can be monitored ingame.
    Notice that your post was packed to the brim with unsupported assumptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Notice that your post was packed to the brim with unsupported assumptions?
    Such as ?