Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Macroers

Macroers

So I've already heard from one person who will remain nameless that they have 99 axe/87 armed/100 running/100 terraforming/100 fishing... probably more if their combat is so high.

Sounds to me like they are macroing. I know they are in fact because I've caught their fellow tribesmen doing it several times. These are nothing but griefers mind you. Doing all they can to have an edge over the defenseless brand new players that they actively hunt in large groups.

Guess I will have recording video instead of screenshots. I suggest you all do the same, and rid the game of this scum. We really don't need this becoming Darkfall 2.

Yeah, I see that macroing will be a big problem in the future. Their really needs to be a better system in place to prevent this.

This dude was probably macroing, either that or he was just really good at multitasking

Coming from Darkfall this was one of the first things i thought after logging in to Xsyon the first time:

"This skill system has macro written all over it"

At least you need food and water here and it might be a bit more challanging to include this in your macroes; but then again, i dont know yet how much it impacts your char if you macro through the night without food or water.

Seeing as combat and weapon skills require being fed by leveling points, I'm tempted to call BS. That or he really is 24/7 macroing; in which case staff should probably start waking up to reality.

iwas gonna say im sure the only way to lvl combat skills at the moment is by putting points into it when you lvl.. Saying that tho I have lvled probally 5 times so far and im not playing much due to all the issues.. i guess if i had put al lthose points into my axe skills its would be a lot higher than the 35 it is as the moment.

Running is qutie a easy one to lvl maybe he has just explored a lot of the world? Also terrforming lvls realyl fast mine is at 60 just from building a load fo roads..

bahabahab macroing bahabahba

The problem is not macroing the problem is a broken character system. It seems character wise is NOTHING enabled otherwise he wouldn't be a master axe user and a master terraformer+master fisher.......and other open darkfall skill system without restrictions. i fail to see why a Developer would make the same mistake

bahabahab macroing bahabahba

The problem is not macroing the problem is a broken character system. It seems character wise is NOTHING enabled otherwise he wouldn't be a master axe user and a master terraformer+master fisher.......and other open darkfall skill system without restrictions. i fail to see why a Developer would make the same mistake

if you report him and gm comes to see, he will ban him for 3 days

Macroing or not, I call BS. You're talking THOUSANDS of SP to do that to a character; far more than even grinding terraforming 24/7 will do for you in this time. Also, you can't hit 100 in these skills from what I have tried, or anyone I know for that matter. I'm also under the impression (though I ahven't tried) that SP can't be used to push a skill passed 90 anyway.

As has been stated in a really good thread that I'd link if I was awake enough, the problem isn't macroing, it's the game mechanic favouring play time doing repetitive stuff over play skill doing fun stuff. Thus, players want to grind for 'the end game' where they can make an item if they need it and be PvP competitive without having the 8 hours a day some of us have to play. Bans are not the solution for macroing. A better game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazaar View Post

As has been stated in a really good thread that I'd link if I was awake enough, the problem isn't macroing, it's the game mechanic favouring play time doing repetitive stuff over play skill doing fun stuff. Thus, players want to grind for 'the end game' where they can make an item if they need it and be PvP competitive without having the 8 hours a day some of us have to play. Bans are not the solution for macroing. A better game is.

Perhaps but since nothing of value would be lost, I don't see why they still shouldn't ban macroers. You cheat and are caught...buh bye...

lol.. the fact that he's got those up to that level so fast means that there is not going to be a horrible grind to get those skills up. so calm down.. you'll catch him in a few weeks.. some guy would rather let a computer play the game and risk getting banned for a very short window of advantage.. seems perfect.. you can't even compare that to darkfall..