Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    never thought i would see "game" and "realism" in one sentence.

But im glad you pointed out its a game.

If clothes and items were able to actually use camoflage.....consistant with in game surroundings, then hide would be usless....but as it is....the skins of terrain...clothing....items ...etc are all different, so best way to mimic being camo....is invisibility, to reflect the surrounding flora.

Doesnt really matter tho, hide isnt worth squat till 100, then it's debateable. Hide cant really be raised except with experience points, which will then gimp your weapons skills.

This has all been disscussed before....

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Doesnt really matter tho, hide isnt worth squat till 100, then it's debateable. Hide cant really be raised except with experience points, which will then gimp your weapons skills.
    I really hope this is true, because I have been dumping points into it like no tomorrow. I tried the alleged "spam hide over and over" method of skilling it, but after about 5 minutes I decided that even if it actually works, I'd rather jump off a bridge than play that way...

...and I live near a lot of tall bridges...

If you started to lvl hiding at 5 it would take you 545 points to get to 100. That's 55 levels. Good luck.

Ps. The devs realized the implications of hide and it's ease of leveling in beta. You could actually power level it over the course of a week to over 100 relatively easy. Thus you get the system now, which means only the most hardcore of macroers...i mean button smashers... are going to get hide up to that level. Unless that is you're going to use all those level points to level hide.

pss. the button smash technique does work. it takes forever for a reason.

Xsyon Citizen
    Gah. Well, I started at level 25. So that makes it, what, 505 points to get to 100?? MUCH easier, lol

If what you are saying about the "button mash" technique is true, I think it needs to be eliminated entirely, because only macro'ers are going to get any benefit out of it.

Henceforth ye shall not hide.

I've tried unsuccessfully to raise it from 30 by even one point for last 3 days button mashing.

I've given up, as only response from anyone remotely to do with game developement or mechanics just said "it's harder to raise than other skills"....well DUH!!!

hiding isn't permanent, just like pvp. When Jooky gets the time he'll develop a more realistic camo/sneaking system. I suggested an interesting way of things a while back and he noted it along with saying he wants to change the current system.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    If clothes and items were able to actually use camoflage.....consistant with in game surroundings, then hide would be usless....but as it is....the skins of terrain...clothing....items ...etc are all different, so best way to mimic being camo....is invisibility, to reflect the surrounding flora.
    Oh really? Because someone in laying all black on a junk pile is pretty hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Gah. Well, I started at level 25. So that makes it, what, 505 points to get to 100?? MUCH easier, lol

If what you are saying about the "button mash" technique is true, I think it needs to be eliminated entirely, because only macro'ers are going to get any benefit out of it.
    405 to 90 because that's the cap you can get with skill points 91-100 has to be leveled though use.

Also the thing with hiding i think it makes you transparent because of the video settings, i can turn down my grass and you think your in a field and i see you laying on flat ground.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Oh really? Because someone in laying all black on a junk pile is pretty hard to see.
    yes it is, we had a member make a character with the darkest skin and he has natural hiding when laying on junk piles, with the hiding skill he just blends into the shadows.