Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Roads and road speed.

I do not know if this topic has already been discussed, but I think walking or running on the roads should allow for travel faster than on unpaved paths.
    More precisely, traveling in rough terrain should include penalties in the speed of travel.

Re: Roads and road speed.

I think it's already like that.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

From the features section of the website:

Terrain surface affects movement.
    I assume this means roads are faster than flat grass which is faster than rocky terrain etc

I've heard from a reliable source that right now, there is a substantial increase in speed while running on a road.

Makes sense tho, Will be cool if we can also destroy roads so that enemy can cut off Trader's by slowing there horses down off road.

Visitor

Re:Roads and road speed.

I like it.

You can almost see it in DDT's video of building a road. It's short but you can see the boost in running while he is on the road.

Wrekkoning wrote:
    I've heard from a reliable source that right now, there is a substantial increase in speed while running on a road.
    I should hope so. No sense in having an ability like that which provides no real value, unless you're just making an aesthetically pleasing walkway around your abode or town.

From the limited (9 tile/sq or whatever the fk they are called) road test it seemed faster.

More testing will have to be done.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

I read somewhere a while back that road as well as most any object are destroyable as well as decay over time if no upkeep is done.