Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Hiding Brken?

I'm Just curious I dont want any flame for this just wondering if anyone else (aside from pumping points into it through lvling) is gaining skills in hiding. I've been trying to lvl it for days now activating and deactivating over and over around ppl not in my tribe, and I have yet to gain a skill point in it aside from throwing skill points in there each lvl. Has anyone givin this a shot or is there a special way to gain the points?
    Thanks

2. 03-24-2011, 09:41 PM

So basically you are encouraging people to break the ToS? Really?

I wonder how many parts of the ToS you have to break before getting a quiet talking to...
    But seriously, you advertise the fact that you macro, now you recommend others to do it as well?

Well he said :

3) Fixing critical bugs and blocking exploits. This includes additional checks on the server to detect, record and prevent exploits.
    So may-bay they'll do something about it. Maybe not.

All I know is that announcing it blatantly like that is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Well he said :

So may-bay they'll do something about it. Maybe not.

All I know is that announcing it blatantly like that is like shooting yourself in the foot.
    All I know is, if they don't do something about it soon, it's going to ruin this game. Xsyon has a big PvP component, one that will probably become a major element of the game not long from now. I can't think of a reason why I'd bother to continue playing at that point, after reading so many posts by people who admit to having high combat skills because they cheat. If I spend weeks building a fortress against siege, and these idiots spend all night sleeping while their macro-OP characters macro up two dozen siege engines, why bother at all?

Eve's time based progression system is starting to look better and better. Or it would, if I didn't know macroers absolutely ruined the mining profession, screwing up the ingame economy until mining wasn't even worth doing anymore.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    All I know is, if they don't do something about it soon, it's going to ruin this game. Xsyon has a big PvP component, one that will probably become a major element of the game not long from now. I can't think of a reason why I'd bother to continue playing at that point, after reading so many posts by people who admit to having high combat skills because they cheat. If I spend weeks building a fortress against siege, and these idiots spend all night sleeping while their macro-OP characters macro up two dozen siege engines, why bother at all?

Eve's time based progression system is starting to look better and better. Or it would, if I didn't know macroers absolutely ruined the mining profession, screwing up the ingame economy until mining wasn't even worth doing anymore.
    I tend to agree. Not everyone will pump massive amounts of points into Strength, Fortitude, and Agility -- what's more, not everyone is going to go pure combat. It'll be a sad day if a few "maxed" combat characters just roll over to a tribe that removed their safezone and has half their fortress destroyed in a single night because 1) they weren't there to stop it and 2) they macro'd their stats as high as they are, in addition to gaining levels for it, giving them some pretty high advantages over even a dedicated player who plays consistently.

Also, I still play Eve. And am playing it right now. Eve got a lot of things right, especially in a Sandbox situation. But I still make great, great money mining. As long as your not mining the crap in secure space, you'll pull in loads of ISK. But even the Veld in high sec is still very, very in demand for people who make ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post
    I tend to agree. Not everyone will pump massive amounts of points into Strength, Fortitude, and Agility -- what's more, not everyone is going to go pure combat.
    So what you're saying is, combat toons will beat non-combat toons regardless of who does or doesn't macro.
    That's what I'm saying, macroing isn't even game-changing.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    So what you're saying is, combat toons will beat non-combat toons regardless of who does or doesn't macro.
    That's what I'm saying, macroing isn't even game-changing.
    No. I've beaten combat oriented toons. The problem arises when they have a superior gap, however, between skills compared to everyone else because they macro'd to get them that high. That's what I was saying.

Macroing is game changing.

I don't macro. As I've stated before I've played UO and Darkfall for years and have never macroed. I see this type of attitude being what ruined UO and Darkfall in the long run, and I sincerely hope it does not happen here.

With tht said can we stay on point here people this thread isn't about macroing.

I'm looking for someone who has raised Hiding legit without cheating and would like to ponder on their ideas.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    I don't macro. As I've stated before I've played UO and Darkfall for years and have never macroed. I see this type of attitude being what ruined UO and Darkfall in the long run, and I sincerely hope it does not happen here.

With tht said can we stay on point here people this thread isn't about macroing.

I'm looking for someone who has raised Hiding legit without cheating and would like to ponder on their ideas.
    Thanks
    The only way I've gotten any hiding points is by putting points into that I earned by doing other things. I even stood by the river today and spammed it while I was gaining energy back to continue on. I spammed with my right hand until I thought it would fall off, then switched to my left hand. Could only do it for a couple of minutes before I figured out I'd have carpal tunnel before I had hide from 50-51, so I stopped!
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    So basically you are encouraging people to break the ToS? Really?

I wonder how many parts of the ToS you have to break before getting a quiet talking to...
    But seriously, you advertise the fact that you macro, now you recommend others to do it as well?
    I didnt see any part where he said he used a macro or where he encouraged others to macro not sure where that came from.

I too have sat and spammed hide for 90 mins and not gained any points at all. It is broken imo, if its not, then its pointless and maight as well be removed entirlely and just let us crawl in prone.