Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FAQ Answer about Number of Characters

How many characters will be allowed per account? In a system like this I personally feel like 1 is the way to go.

Right now there are 3 character slots. There's actually a good reason for this, but it's more for an upcoming 'secret' feature not currently on the feature list. :-)

Visitor

Re:FAQ Answer about Number of Characters

I want to know this 'secret ' feature dammit! :blink:
    Dont sweat the petty things...never pet the sweaty things!

WTB secret 10 silver

WTB Secret.. willing to pay more then Creepy baby pic guy.

=)
    Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Sorry to bump this but does anyone else this is just a teribad decision? When games make more than one character it makes the skill cap pointless. Everyone will have a crafter and a fight, any w/e they need.

Here's the secret feature, you can have a crafter and fighter! wohhh ground breaking.

Can someone at least confirm that it WILL NOT be like that, or should I just fuck the game off now, because that just ruins the economy.

Edit: sorry it gets a bit rude at 2nd paragraph, I forgot I'm not on the MO forum.

I'm also a fan of 1 character/server per account. However, since this game has only 1 game world, it raises some interesting questions.

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Visitor

Leiros wrote:
    I'm also a fan of 1 character/server per account. However, since this game has only 1 game world, it raises some interesting questions.
    Same, I would personally prefer 1 character. I'm an alt-aholic. One character makes it less messy for me. :P

Pippa wrote:
    Leiros wrote:
    Same, I would personally prefer 1 character. I'm an alt-aholic. One character makes it less messy for me. :P
    haha same here. City of Heroes was the worst for me.

By whicker at 2010-04-12

the people have spoken!!! Well 3 of us at least.

The hardcore PvPers (trust me there will be plenty of them) will not take the time to make an alt for crafting. Also, even if they take out 3 characters, there will be people who will pay for two subs in order to have an alt. (I being one of those people.)

Only the extremely hardcore players will take the time to gather resources themselves, craft them, and then level their fighter. From what I have read, it isn't something that only takes a couple days, or even weeks for that matter. To be able to do all of those things will take too much time for any regular player to handle. You will mostly see the hardcores doing this, which will not break the game as almost every MMO out there has these hardcore types.