Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    But surely even the need to keep replacing items becomes important in it's own right? Having to replace items for tribesmates is important in itself. If there is no item loss or item decay, what is the point of crafting after the initial few weeks? Crafting needs to be kept important, no loss means there is little to no demand, If noone lost weapons, weaponcrafters would soon become pointless.

The mats for the basic stuff is simple to get. It isnt exactly a huge time sink, and it creates a reason to keep logging on and crafting for people who have no interest in pve or pvp right now, or possibly ever

Quote Originally Posted by YamiOkami View Post
    But surely even the need to keep replacing items becomes important in it's own right? Having to replace items for tribesmates is important in itself. If there is no item loss or item decay, what is the point of crafting after the initial few weeks? Crafting needs to be kept important, no loss means there is little to no demand, If noone lost weapons, weaponcrafters would soon become pointless.

The mats for the basic stuff is simple to get. It isnt exactly a huge time sink, and it creates a reason to keep logging on and crafting for people who have no interest in pve or pvp right now, or possibly ever
    Once he turns on item decay you'll have to be replacing things anyway. Everyone is acting like this, the most basic version of the game, is the whole game. There are features yet to be turned on. Item and skill decay, I think, are tops among them.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm all for keeping the economy flourishing. This game will be nothing without a flourishing in game community/economy. All I'm trying to stress is if people are losing items to NOTHING with no hope of recovering them due to in-game mechanics it will turn a lot of people off. If someone kills you and steals your goods you can go kill him and get them back, but if the server eats them in 1 or 2 min and you never had a chance to get them back that's a different story. I'm all for item decay and items needing repair and losing quality etc, I do believe it'll help keep the economy flowing.

Well lets agree to disagree, i see your point, but I personally prefer the thrill of possibly loosing my items while pvp/pve'ing, and i'm sure your points are just as valid as mine. There's no real need to turn this into a mass debate, especially as we have no idea what will happen

haha...I can agree to that.
    That's one thing I hate about discussions like this is we really only have the loosest idea of what's coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Not corpse run We should drop everything in PvE death and all the stuffs should disappear in 1 min.
    I'm glad someone agrees with my idea, but I don't like your version of it. I think some items and equipment should be destroyed on death whether it's pvp or pve; however I do not think that ALL items should be destroyed, only some.

And yes, I'm totally jacking this idea from Eve, but it works really over there. Might as well try and adopt and adapt it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I'm glad someone agrees with my idea, but I don't like your version of it. I think some items and equipment should be destroyed on death whether it's pvp or pve; however I do not think that ALL items should be destroyed, only some.

And yes, I'm totally jacking this idea from Eve, but it works really over there. Might as well try and adopt and adapt it.
    I'm kinda on the fence about the idea - seems it would help the economy, but what items do you think should be destroyed when killed during PvE?

Let him turn on decay to see how fast items leave the circle before you start coming up with more processes his code probably can't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
    I'm kinda on the fence about the idea - seems it would help the economy, but what items do you think should be destroyed when killed during PvE?
    I think items should be destroyed in both PvP and PvE. With that said, any item that can be attached to your character should be destroyable. Though not all of them at once like Jadzia suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I think items should be destroyed in both PvP and PvE. With that said, any item that can be attached to your character should be destroyable. Though not all of them at once like Jadzia suggested.
    Maybe any items attached to your character are immediately destroyed and all other items have a quicker decay added to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
    Maybe any items attached to your character are immediately destroyed and all other items have a quicker decay added to them?
    No, that's not what I'm saying. Lets say you have a ton of equipment on you. There'd be 100% chance that one piece would break, maybe a 70% chance another would break, a 30% chance a third would break, a 5% chance a 4th would break, and a 1% chance for each other peice of equipment. Then it'd be random which one breaks.

But definitely not all of them. It'd be entirely too much.