Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thoughts about Xsyon and future

I don't usually make posts like this because I understand that no one better than the devs knows what the problems with their game are, how to develop it and their resources to do so. But as I have been beta testing this game since the beginning, and I really want this game to evolve and be successful and I think now it is a critical period, I decided to share my opinions. Sorry for the wall of text

The two things that must be fixed VERY soon (with very soon, I mean no more than 2 weeks from now) are LAG and PERFORMANCE. This is critical, many other games suffered of this at the begginning and never ever recovered from that. For Xsyon, this is even more important, as the game is not finished (in content) till Prelude ends, so having a content unfinished game that also is unplayable due to lag and performance, will kill it in a few more days. I am sorry to say this, but all this lag problems and performance have been here since beta. Every month since the beginning I made some posts (and also a bug report and some email-talking with Jookie) about how performance was not good and would be a problem once the game released and more people came into the game. And here we are, with a i5 2,6Ghz, Geforce gtx 285, 4gb RAM DDR3 and having again 15-25 FPS and still the same shadows flickering everywhere. The performance hit ALWAYS shows when the world starts having terraformed terrain and cities built. When the game released (or in beta, when there was a wipe), the game run much better performance wise (40-70 FPS for me). The lag, well beta always had some lag weeks, though now it is getting much better and I know it will be entirely fixed very soon. Performance... I am not so sure, as they haven't done much about it during the beta and I am not sure if they know how important it is. So for me, they should focus 100%, even paying new coders if neccesary for some weeks, to fix lag and performance and very soon. Once this is done, everything will go smooth.

But they also need to add content and very soon too. And the most important content to be added in the following weeks (and not months, I mean weeks) are:

- PvE: more animals, more mob types, maybe a dungeon with interesting rewards...lot of options, but it is needed.

- Politics and clan wars: crucial too. If this was in, people bored of the only thing to do ingame at the moment (crafting and gathering) could create their own content too, and beleive me, this can make players stay for months in the game while you continue developing all the things that need to be implemented.

- Combat revamp: this is crucial. Apart from crafting and gathering, there is nothing to do at the moment, and it is already getting old. With a combat revamp, people can create content like PvP and maybe PvE.

I know I am a mere player, so please no bashing in this thread, just wanted to say what I think based on my mmo experience and beta test of this game, and also hear others opinions on how they are seeing the imminent future of it. But overall, this Dev Team deserves respect for having created such a wonderfull game already, but we can't be blind and that is not enough and if the above things are not made and soon, I think it will be too late.

About that combat revamp... Is the "new guy" familiar with the code, yet, Jordi? It's not necessarily a good thing when combat happens and everyone in Vent is laughing hysterically because of how lame it looks.

More content would be great and really is necessary. The other thing that needs to occur is balance with respect to items and resources. The decay needs to increase significantly and/or items and equipment should be flat-out destroyed upon death. There's just too many items that most people are just craft-grinding and then throwing stuff away. The system is pretty broken at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    equipment should be flat-out destroyed upon death.
    This. Time to lose everything upon PvE death, that will keep the economy alive. (And add animals to have mobs to die for.)

more pve is a must imo

the crafting and building sides can be merged a bit
    like the tech tree of RTS...require some buildings to research some knowledges in order to craft something

the force pvp thingy...maybe a karma system or evidence and trace system

GL ALL and XSYON

If the action delay issue(im not going to call it lag anymore because its Not lag) and the stability on crossing multiple zones can be resolved. This game could explode its man love all over the UO and Wurm players looking for the spiritual successor to those games. So much that we would have to get a 2nd and 3rd server to support the influx of players.

Thats with what we just have now and some refinement. if more toys were added to the sandbox then you would have a golden ticket.

Pre order weapons need a major nerf. Right now they hit harder than anything our lvl 90 weaponcrafter can make. These need to be a fallback emergency weapon. What do you think will happen when a non pre order player joins the game works hard and is killed by naked players weilding overpowered starter weapons all the time? You will either have to give them the "special pre order weapon" or nerf it to keep them in the game. Might as well do it now. Why not just remove them all together. Personally I feel they take away from the game's survival feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    This. Time to lose everything upon PvE death, that will keep the economy alive. (And add animals to have mobs to die for.)
    Corpse runs...

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Pre order weapons need a major nerf. Right now they hit harder than anything our lvl 90 weaponcrafter can make. These need to be a fallback emergency weapon. What do you think will happen when a non pre order player joins the game works hard and is killed by naked players weilding overpowered starter weapons all the time? You will either have to give them the "special pre order weapon" or nerf it to keep them in the game. Might as well do it now. Why not just remove them all together. Personally I feel they take away from the game's survival feel.

Corpse runs...
    Not corpse run We should drop everything in PvE death and all the stuffs should disappear in 1 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post

Corpse runs...
    The devs may have expected by now for many more people to have joined and so the % with pre order weapons would decrease over time. Unfortunatly I dont think we have had a big influx of players, rather people have stopped playing, since in between the 2 "launches"

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Not corpse run We should drop everything in PvE death and all the stuffs should disappear in 1 min.
    Why not just get the promised item decay system working first? I always had fun in darkfail coming across some high level player's tombstone and taking the goodies. I think corpse runs with maybe a 20 minute decay timer would be better than 1 minute. It'd suck to fall off a cliff and lose everything. How about getting killed in a 10 minute delay? That's not going to keep people paying...