Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Combat: Simple Request

I think this one simple change could make pvp a lot more interesting instantly.

Hold and release attacks.

Press my attack button, arm comes back.

Hold my attack button, arm stays back.

Release button before arm comes back all the way, weaker blow.

Release button after arm is all the way back, full strength blow.

Nothing fancy.

Pretty cool concept here. I like the idea. However...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    Nothing fancy.
    Obviously you have never coded for a game. Animations and the result might not seem that difficult, but coding the mechanics for this would be a pretty good challenge. "Simple" might be a bit of a stretch.

if the retards at starvault can do it, im sure NG can.

Its very similar to casting a spell in other mmos and holding it until you want to release.

The combat is being reworked, probably should wait til then.

This is a good idea til a point. I would rather have no holding at all and just make combat much much smoother.

Just thinking outloud.. It might be cool to make something kinda like a golf game where you can hit instantly and it be only so strong but pull back and release maybe a little stronger.. and if you hold it back to long or get hit it resets...
    If you want to spam fight you can though.. no hold back required.

Quote Originally Posted by isindule View Post
    if the retards at starvault can do it, im sure NG can.
    LOL its obvious they couldnt thats why we are all here.

Hehe Hodo.

The point of this system is to make combat by animation timing unpredictable. The human brain doesn't need long to learn to anticipate the end of an animation sequence and therefore combat becomes a strict matter of trading animation poses with one another.

This would take that away making the striking blow more unpredictable. It would also give more credibility to the dodge and parry moves, making combat more strategic and player skill based. Trading animation poses is witless. I want to use my wits in combat.

BAH. Quit trying to make combat into a video game. I dislike them all. Just make combat turn based and add strategy/player equipment/build be the important factors, rather than trying to figure out lag/animation/computing power/twitch be the deciding factor. Would much rather have combat with my brain than with my fingers/macro gamepad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    Hehe Hodo.

The point of this system is to make combat by animation timing unpredictable. The human brain doesn't need long to learn to anticipate the end of an animation sequence and therefore combat becomes a strict matter of trading animation poses with one another.

This would take that away making the striking blow more unpredictable. It would also give more credibility to the dodge and parry moves, making combat more strategic and player skill based. Trading animation poses is witless. I want to use my wits in combat.

Have you done this type of combat in a game yet? Please show me which game. Thanks.