Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Download link rules?

What are the rules for people that have preordered and have received the email. Is it ok for them to pass out the download link? Is it violating any rules by them giving it out? If they pass it out, is it ok for others to pass it around?

Re:Download link rules?

I don't think you're supposed to pass out the download link. I remember them saying they want to very closely control how many people are let in. I'd just hold off until someone gives you more information.

BaurusJA wrote:
    I don't think you're supposed to pass out the download link. I remember them saying they want to very closely control how many people are let in. I'd just hold off until someone gives you more information.
    Yea I heard that also, but that is for beta access (where you can actually play the game) But have they said anything about the download link?

I swear I heard someone say they were making a download page for the client, available for everyone. But nothing for a few days.

Unless you have a slow connection, I really don't know why its that big a deal. 3.6GB is 15-20 minutes download.

When you get your email, start the download client and go make a sammich

Yea. I'll be able to d/l that pretty quickly. Hate to have it on my desktop now, as it'll only piss me off that I'm not in

Uh.

No?

Not everyone gets literally 2-3 mb/s actual download speed.

Yeah I've been wondering that myself, since it will take me 4-5hrs to download I'd rather just do it now. Not to mention possible patches which will probably be in by the time I'll get in..
    knowledge is p0wer

Any official word on this?

Without talking to him I would have to say no. Imagine you pass it to 2 people and them to 2 people etc etc and all them downloading at once. If that doesn't kill a server nothing will. Currently the patch server and game server are the same thing. If he wanted everyone to have it he would of just created a download section open for everyone.

However, no one will be able ot access the game except those accounts that he has granted access. All other accounts are currently disabled

Ok Virtus, thanks for the update.

Game files should be uploaded to another site like atomicgamer, fileplanet, filefront or some other game hosting website.

Nice to let people have it installed before they get accepted IMO.