Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re:Official Bugs and Fixes Thread

TheMap wrote:
    Ive been locking up crashing all day with Visual C++ errors. I blame the land bridges. :unsure:
    I've been playing for a few days now and I have yet to get any software crashes. I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon as well and blame the land bridges though :P

Cuz that was a great idea :silly:

Just got the C++ crash. I guess I spoke too soon.

Also I noticed a couple more things.

-When you go unconscious, your stamina never decreases and you can still move freely around the world. I can see this being used as a HUGE game exploit if not corrected.

-I noticed that there is no ambient sound for waterfalls. This may be due to game performance issues, but I just felt that it was a bit odd and non-immersive.

I think I found one related to logging. Virtus and I were trying to crash the server and I think I at least succeeded in crashing myself.

Which shopping a tree, if I have two axes in my hand and try to move the one I am not chopping with to my back rather than my free hand, I get kicked out.

I know I'm like triple posting here, but I found some more bugs to note. These are all in the character creation menu.

- The option to select starting location says "Start Start Location"

- When naming your character, if the name already exists then the icon will go blank instead of back to select name.

- Also when naming your character, if you give your character a name but do not capitalize it, you cannot change it because it thinks the name already exists. You must rename your character temporarily to something else then back to what you want with the capital letter.

Ok , I set out today with the goals of breaking something, and I did just that :

I wiped out a waterfall frmo the planet, and there is no way I can see that a player can recover it, as digging down to water level would produce soil not limestone / rockbed.

Screenshots :

Before: http://pottedfrog.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/xsyon/1.jpg
    After : http://pottedfrog.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/xsyon/2.jpg
    After2: http://pottedfrog.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/xsyon/3.jpg

Yeah, I have a feeling that the imminent map update will stop people from terraforming near the rivers. It's just too unpredictable.

Not sure if this is the correct place to add some observations I made after about a week in Xsyon... but here goes (appologies if these are already soemwhere else).

[ol][li]Need a 'return to login screen' rather than exit to desktop[/li]
    [li]Needs an 'are you sure' message if you exit via the windows close icon in the top right of window[/li]
    [li]using the /w or /p or other / code is very tedious.. especially when you backspace out some text as it returns to general chat... [/li]
    [li]on the same topic, shouldn't have to type /g and then /w again when switching wisper from one player to another[/li]
    [li]when entering chat mode... all other actions appear to be un-interuptable until you exit chat mode. This was really ittitating when I was on autorun (T) then started to chat something... I couldn't stop my character and he ran right off a cliff!!!. Couldn;t exit the chat line without either pressing enter or backspacing out what I had typed.[/li]
    [li] how do you wisper someone with a space break in their name?[/li]
    [li]mouse cursor gets lost when it snows or rains[/li]
    [li]snow/rain stops and starts too suddenly... would be nice to hear a crack of thunder before it starts to rain or a slow 'drizzle' before and after the downpour/snowfall[/li]
    [li]traversing steep hills/mounds is too easy... makes it difficult to find a natural barrier when constructing settlements/forts/bases - appreciate that the idea is to make it difficult but it appear possible to walk up a near verticle surface - just seems wrong[/li]
    [li] any plans to allow underwater swimming? Seems fairly basic given the amazing work put into this game so far[/li]
    [li]I crafted a few items that just didn't appear anywhere - mainly clubs. Did the crafting fail? If so, there should be a message - unless I missed it?[/li]
    [/ol]

Looking forward to any replies...

Keep up the good work